Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons......

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by waveride6, 06.15.08.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. waveride6

waveride6

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    "Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?"

what is exactly meant by this question?

Would athletic travel (division 1 basketball) count for this? I dont want to take this too far, but I did miss close to 3-4 weeks of classes per year. I don't want to sound like a baby either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.
  2. thebozz1975

thebozz1975

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I would say definitely not. Many of us had intense extracurriculars that made us miss that much class or more. I really don't think that is the thrust of the question, but you should get some more opinions.
  3. waveride6

waveride6

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thanks for the input...yea, my gut feeling was that it wouldn't be necessary to write that in my app..im not looking for excuses but taking tests on the road (in buses, in hotels, etc.) might have affected my grades a little bit but it was well worth it.

any other thoughts?

Thanks again
  4. DRHOYA

DRHOYA

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Well, you still finished your classes/degree on time? If so, then I wouldn't worry about emphasising it on that part of the app. Maybey in your PS, or interview if your athletic career comes up, then you can talk about it. I think that section of the app is for extenuating circumstances where you went to school for a while, stopped for a year (for whatever reason), off and on until you earned your degree. Hope that helps. :thumbup:
  5. IdahoDoc

IdahoDoc

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I put yes in this section because i was in a car wreck and i spent 5 weeks in the hospital and had to drop all my classes at the end of a semester and then wasn't able to get classes for the next one. So I missed 2 semesters.
  6. PooyaH

PooyaH

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Actually I missed Fall of 05 and Spring of 06 semesters due to a car accident that put me in coma for 4 days, but I just put "due to personal difficulties" since they don't wanna hear anything about accidents and things like that! lol I'm sure I'll be asked about that in my interviews (if any) lol
  7. blankguy

blankguy

Dental Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    It sounds like you were trying to hide it. Not a good approach. Were you driving drunk? Were you driving recklessly? Don't be ashamed of admitting mistakes in your application.
  8. phantasmagoriun

phantasmagoriun Car Ramrod

Dental Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Yeah my freshman year my roommate was a chain smoker and I wound up later being hospitalized for bronchitis and missed on and off about 2 weeks of school. Then I got a new roommate :)
  9. PooyaH

PooyaH

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    None of the above! lol Actually it was a rainy night and I just lost control! No alcohol, no tiredness, just bad luck!
    Anyways, well I've heard it's not good to mention that since nothing should be wrong with your hands, fingers or back! I had actually put that on my PS, but after my dentist and professor read it, they both suggested to take it out!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal