Have a D+ in Biochem.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SUURHS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can't get in with a 20 mcat. You might as well retake when you have time. Sounds like you are looking to do the bare minimum. You won't last in med school with that kind of mindset anyway

Hey there!
Just a quick question. So far I have a 3.38 sGPA, 3.66 cGPA, and a 20 on MCAT. I messed up pretty bad and got a D+ in a Biochemistry class. I would like to retake it online, but won't be able to before I apply to Podiatry School. Will this hurt my chances significantly if I can't retake it before I apply?
Thanks
Your GPAs are above average, but your MCAT is just below average. The D+ in biochem defiantly won't help your case but, if you apply broad enough, you're most likely going to get in SOMEWHERE with those stats. My recommendation to you would be to retake biochem (even though it wont be completed before you apply, it'll still help you in several ways) and to retake the MCAT.

Best of luck!
-SDrJJohnson

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there!
Just a quick question. So far I have a 3.38 sGPA, 3.66 cGPA, and a 20 on MCAT. I messed up pretty bad and got a D+ in a Biochemistry class. I would like to retake it online, but won't be able to before I apply to Podiatry School. Will this hurt my chances significantly if I can't retake it before I apply?
Thanks
You have a good shot. Just apply early next cycle and you are likely to get into most of the programs that you apply to. Biochem is also not a requirement for admissions. As long as you meet the criteria for admission you will do fine. Statistics do not indicate how successful you will be in medical school. If you give it your all, you are likely to succeed. I hope his helps. Unless biochem is on of the courses you plan on using for admissions requirements, i wouldn't retake it. It would be a waste of time and money on your part. Your MCAT is slightly below the average, but it is still bot a terrible score. Just apply early on and you will be fine. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I would rule out AZPOD and DMU with that mcat score, possibly even Western and CSPM. Just in case you were planning to apply for any of these schools, I'd suggest a retake.

Applying early is the key to your acceptance. Retaking biochem next spring will not help your application so I would say don't bother wasting your money. If you really want to improve your chances in getting accepted to the smaller schools then retake the MCAT. If not, the bigger schools will most likely take you.

Reactions: 1 user