Have a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am about to retake the DAT, I have a question though, the following is what I scored on the first DAT

18-AA
15-PAT
16-Reading
17-Math
20-GEn chem
18-BIo
17-Org
19-Total Science

I was just wondering that what if I score for example a 20 on bio this time and a 19 on Gen Chem, do the schools take the highest score from both times you take it, 20 for bio and 20 for gen chem or do they take the most recent score. Thanks

Rupesh

Members don't see this ad.

THere is no way to know this aside from calling each school you are interested in. In general, most schools take the best score. But it wouldn't suprise me to learn that some schools are sticklers and will average your scores or take the lowest one. Probably the most competitive schools might doing something nasty like that. Call them first.

If you took the first test at least 2 yrs ago, then it might not play any role here.

But if the last test was only 1 month ago. They might raised their brows and start their questions.

Hi there,

I agree with the previous post, you call the schools you're applying to and ask. I'm incline to believe that they will look at both scores for the purpose of admissions.

Now, I dont know your GPA, but in my opinion this scores will get you in. They'll definitely ask you about the PAT score, but be honest tell then what happened they'll understand.

I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I agree with the previous post, you call the schools you're applying to and ask. I'm incline to believe that they will look at both scores for the purpose of admissions.

Now, I dont know your GPA, but in my opinion this scores will get you in. They'll definitely ask you about the PAT score, but be honest tell then what happened they'll understand.

I hope this helps.

I thought the schools just look at your most recent score. I might be wrong.