Have any of you met someone so zealous their borderline extremist??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vayntraubinator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you behave towards this person?!

Honestly. On my study abroad program and there is an individual who is entrenched in this idea that she had to drop her amazing talent she could have showcased to the world to pursue the spread of the Gospel from Jesus because she thinks she's a prophet. She firmly believes god has spoken to her and that she has to warn as many people as possible about the apocalypse cited in Daniel:7 (according to her) that there will be a one currency and that there will be a ruler who will put himself above god and what not.

I wasn't interested in all the details frankly, because I don't take the words of any historical text to verbatim interpretation. But...I can't say she's crazy either because her life experiences have shaped her to be that way and believe what she believes.

As physicians we must be able to connect better both ethically and morally to our patient population, but I have no clue how to handle this. Everyone on our trip has a bias towards her because she naturally alienates people. She supports this alienation saying that "people will reject the word."She seems to feel more comfortable around me, and I'm just trying to be peacemaker (even though I told her I respect her views). Yet at the same time I can't help but wonder why she believes this and what the truth is to her prophecies.

Anyone heard about the validity of these prophecies? How would you handle this situation? Are those preaching proselytism inherently alienating those that don't believe what they say?

Members don't see this ad.

those people are out there man.

Just ignore them.

Its hard to really answer your questions. Who knows whether or not they are alienating themselves or gaining company?

Nod politely and excuse yourself at the earliest opportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you met someone so zealous in posting about stuff they do not know the difference between they're, there and their?

:) OP

Have any of you met someone so zealous in posting about stuff they do not know the difference between they're, there and their?

Post 666!! It's a SIGN!!

Says the one with a jesus avatar ;)
those people are out there man.

Just ignore them.

Its hard to really answer your questions. Who knows whether or not they are alienating themselves or gaining company?

Yeaaaaaaaaa, love you too :*

It's called a typo, gunner :p

Your post count is rather ominous and reflective of your behavior.

a8a7511d-43c0-4483-b958-141a0c075072.jpg

This is a very pretty cat. I like this cat. Thanks.

Unfortunately,
there are 12 of us on the exchange program and we all have classes together. I foresee us getting along as the semester progresses, but still there's this insensitivity :confused:

Find areas of commonality between you. For example, what gods have chosen you as their prophet and dread harbinger?

I live in Alabama. Believe me when I say there are two options: 1.) Have a logical argument with her. (Itll make her head explode) or 2.) Just stare at her and dont say a word when she starts talking. (That stops them from bugging you immediately). Good luck! XD

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Alabama. Believe me when I say there are two options: 1.) Have a logical argument with her. (Itll make her head explode) or 2.) Just stare at her and dont say a word when she starts talking. (That stops them from bugging you immediately). Good luck! XD

Hmmm...North Carolina here. When I read OP's post, I was genuinely shocked that this behavior was new to them. Then, I remembered where I live...lol.

Having a logical argument with her won't work because to her, it's not logical. It will only make her talk more about it and it will only cause her to seek you out more.
For some, staring and not saying a word doesn't work either.

Honestly, if she really bothers you, the best thing to do is to tell her that you're growing weary of hearing the same things from her over and over again. With patients, you have the option of ending the appointment. With this girl, you're just going to have to tell her that her discussion is stressing you out.

Anyone heard about the validity of these prophecies? How would you handle this situation? Are those preaching proselytism inherently alienating those that don't believe what they say?

No comment on any of that, but you should definitely be more careful about using their/they're.

Its difficult to say whether or not she is crazy. I think there are a lot of people on here, that almost take being a pre-med to the "crazy level." So lets not judge too much here just because she likes Jesus.

Its difficult to say whether or not she is crazy. I think there are a lot of people on here, that almost take being a pre-med to the "crazy level." So lets not judge too much here just because she likes Jesus.

Oh boy here we go. I suggest this should be closed before someone's feelings get hurt.

Go figure the Op's avatar is Mel Gibson....

Hit me up the day you believe the holocaust happened -_-

lol. credentials
I live in Alabama.

Well said. I believe it was Dale Carnegie who advised that the best argument was the avoided one.
Hmmm...North Carolina here. When I read OP's post, I was genuinely shocked that this behavior was new to them. Then, I remembered where I live...lol.

Having a logical argument with her won't work because to her, it's not logical. It will only make her talk more about it and it will only cause her to seek you out more.
For some, staring and not saying a word doesn't work either.

Honestly, if she really bothers you, the best thing to do is to tell her that you're growing weary of hearing the same things from her over and over again. With patients, you have the option of ending the appointment. With this girl, you're just going to have to tell her that her discussion is stressing you out.

Thanks! Idk how to fix my title but there won't be a next time.
No comment on any of that, but you should definitely be more careful about using their/they're.

I'm sorry to disappoint you :(
When I first saw this thread I thought Rick santorum

Really? You think that's Mel Gibson?!

PS -That last comment was uncalled for bro. I survived the Holocaust.

Go figure the Op's avatar is Mel Gibson....

Hit me up the day you believe the holocaust happened -_-

so what kind of talent is she depriving the world of?

Last edited:
Someone's religious beliefs are entirely their decision. No need to be offensive to them and it is not your place to push your beliefs upon them.

Grow up and realize you are always going to think that your worldview is best and accurate, but so are other people.

their...their...their....their...their.

:eek: TENSO :eek: