Have anyone heard from their schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovepsycholgy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone is welcome to share results they heard from their school.
It doesn't matter which field it is, unless it psychology related.
Please feel free to PM me or post it on the thread.

Please let me know, the school's name, which program it is (e.g., school psychology, clinical, counseling, educational psych., social psych., etc.), when you found out, whom noticed you, and whether it was via e-mail, post, phone, etc.

I'll try to login and keep it updated everyday.
Good luck everyone!

** Updated at 3/18 10:30 am EST **

- Master's Program
Argosy University - Orange County (3/12), Sport-Exercise Psychology, via phone directly after interview with Dean of Admissions
Boston college (3/15), Mental Health Counseling, via snail mail from dept
Columbia University (2/25), Psychology in Education: Personality and Psychopatholgy, via snail mail.
Harvard (3/14), School of Education: Risk & Prevention, via e-mail
Pepperdine University (3/11), Psychology - clinical emphasis, via snail mail
University of Denver (3/3), Counseling psych with emphasis on research, via email (3/3) and snail mail (3/14)
Univ. of Missouri-Columbia (2/16), Counseling Psychology, via phone from POI
Wake Forest University (3/2), General Psychology, via phone from the director
Western Carolina University (3/18), Psychology (clinical track), via phone call

- M.S. Programs
North Dakota State University (3/18), Clinical Psychology, via email

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to TC Columbia's ma program, and just found out i got in! Lucky cuz it was my first choice! wat schools did u apply to?

applied to a mostly clinical MA prgrams and was rejected from 3 of them. I have an interview at University of Denver Feb 28- Feb 29... anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
applied to a mostly clinical MA prgrams and was rejected from 3 of them. I have an interview at University of Denver Feb 28- Feb 29... anyone else heard anything?

Good luck on your interview!! :)
I found out several days ago that my friend got admission for a M.A. counseling program at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Is it okay which clinical MA programs you got rejected from? I'm thinking of listing programs that sent out the results.

Hey,

I got into Wake Forest on March 2. I also called the College of William and Mary and they said they won't be making decisions for another 4-5 weeks. Which, makes me wonder, do Master's programs not follow the whole notify by April 1 and expect replies by April 15? I thought that was universal.

Any thoughts?

Hey,

I got into Wake Forest on March 2. I also called the College of William and Mary and they said they won't be making decisions for another 4-5 weeks. Which, makes me wonder, do Master's programs not follow the whole notify by April 1 and expect replies by April 15? I thought that was universal.

Any thoughts?

That's only for APA Doctoral Clinical Programs.

I've heard from 2 of my choices. I just received an acceptance from Pepperdine University (CA) for M.A. Psychology, and also Argosy University (Orange County) for a joint M.A. in Sport-Exercise and Counseling Psychology. Though Argosy was basically just a 'why not' selection, it was nice to be accepted nonetheless!

:)

Hope everyone else is getting their acceptances soon too!

Hey,

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I think only APA doctoral programs typically do that, but that is bizarre. Generally, it is in the school's best interest to notify you before then. In any case, Wake Forest is an awesome school--congrats! I'm currently a first-year at Wake, so if you have questions about the program, let me know! :D

Good luck! :luck:

Wow, I didn't know there were updates. I'll keep a track of the list of schools that have given out their admissions. By the way, have anyone heard from Boston college or harvard?

Here, just to clarify:

Pepperdine University: MA Psychology (clinical emphasis) via snail mail 03/11

Argosy University (Orange County): MA Sport-Exercise Psychology via phone directly after interview with Dean of Admissions 03/12

Here, just to clarify:

Argosy University (Orange County): MA Sport-Exercise Psychology via phone directly after interview with Dean of Admissions 03/12

Thanks! :)

Here, just to clarify:

Here's mine

University of Denver- MA counseling psych with emphasis on research- notified by email 3/3, received letter of admission 3/14

Members don't see this ad :)
Western Carolina University- MA Psychology (clinical track), phone call today!

My first acceptance! :D

Hi everyone! I just jumped over here from the PhD/PsyD forum since I've been rejected by 11/12 of the doctoral programs I applied to. Now it's a new waiting game with the Master's programs... Does anyone know if Georgia State, Appalachian State, Loyola College (Maryland) or Pacific University has done their Master's interviews or at least extended them yet? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I just jumped over here from the PhD/PsyD forum since I've been rejected by 11/12 of the doctoral programs I applied to. Now it's a new waiting game with the Master's programs... Does anyone know if Georgia State, Appalachian State, Loyola College (Maryland) or Pacific University has done their Master's interviews or at least extended them yet? Thanks!

I jumped here from the Ph.D./Psy.D. forum several weeks ago to find out whether the admissions for Master's programs went out or not too! I haven't heard from anyone regarding those schools yet. Hope this will help. Good luck!

Just got an invite from Appalachian State University today for an interview for their Clinical Health program. Yippee!

William and Mary made their first cut. They said they should have final decisions in a week.

Also for anyone that might have applied to Marshall University's clinical program, they've made their decisions.

Also for anyone that might have applied to Marshall University's clinical program, they've made their decisions.

Thank you for sharing the information.
Do you know how they gave notice to those admitted and when?

I contacted them over the phone but they will be sending letters out in the next week or so.

College of William and Mary has extended 12 invites. They would have contacted you if you either had been rejected or sent an invitation. Those who haven't been contacted are on a waitlist. I called the secretary and she gave me this information.

University of North Carolina - Charlotte has extended their first round of invitation and five people have been waitlisted. From those who decline, the offers will be extended to those 5 from what I gather. I emailed the graduate coordinator for this information.

Hope this helps.

Just thought I'd mention, I'm in the MA Clinical Professional Psychology program at Roosevelt University in Chicago. It is a great school, as far as I'm concerned. Originally I was declined admission (which I could not understand considering I had a 3.66 GPA from a master lvl social work program) but after I called the department and spoke with the Director of the program she stated, "I like your problem solving skills" and I was in!

Just thought I'd mention, I'm in the MA Clinical Professional Psychology program at Roosevelt University in Chicago. It is a great school, as far as I'm concerned. Originally I was declined admission (which I could not understand considering I had a 3.66 GPA from a master lvl social work program) but after I called the department and spoke with the Director of the program she stated, "I like your problem solving skills" and I was in!

How cool is that?! Congrats to you. Your diligence paid off. :)

Congrats on your program!!

Did you get a lot of questions re: the switch from social work to psychology? Do you find any of the material repetitive? Judging from your handle, you're working towards getting a PsyD. Is the MA in Clinical a requirement beforehand or would your MSW suffice?

I just found out today (4/28) that I have been accepted to DU for their Counseling Psychology Masters program. It has been a long, stressful waiting game, but I am so relieved that I got in!!! I was contacted via e-mail by the head of the department (whom I have been chatting with throughout). The official letter should be to me within 10 days..but I already told her I would accept!