have to move for 3rd and 4th yr??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here is a list of schools I am applying to for 2007, anyone know which of the schools I would HAVE to move to domy clinical years. With 3 kids and a hubby I would prefer to be with driving distance to rotation sites. So that I don't have to move my kids tonew schools AGAIN.
1. West virgina
2. Virginia
3. Kirksville
4. Michigan
5. Lake erie
6. Maine
7. New jersey
8. Washington

Members don't see this ad.

Kirksville most likely from what I know.

medmom said:
here is a list of schools I am applying to for 2007, anyone know which of the schools I would HAVE to move to domy clinical years. With 3 kids and a hubby I would prefer to be with driving distance to rotation sites. So that I don't have to move my kids tonew schools AGAIN.
1. West virgina
2. Virginia
3. Kirksville
4. Michigan
5. Lake erie
6. Maine
7. New jersey
8. Washington

From what I know, most likely at KCOM, VCOM, WVSOM, and LECOM.

In other words this is true at most DO schools since they don't have an attached academic center.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fermata said:
From what I know, most likely at KCOM, VCOM, WVSOM, and LECOM.

In other words this is true at most DO schools since they don't have an attached academic center.

KCOM has an affiliated university hospital on campus.

But I really doubt all of the required rotations for all of the students are there.

For OSU-COM & TCOM, you don't have to move, although a small group of students can choose to move around if they want to.

At AZCOM on the other hand, moving around will be mandatory.

only 12ish of 120 students at UNE can stay in the southern maine area and historically these spots are very competative.

All of the required rotations at UMDNJ are either at the hospital on campus or at one of the nearby hospitals. Your electives can easilly be done here also, so you're good to go here.

medmom said:
1. West virgina
2. Virginia
3. Kirksville
4. Michigan
5. Lake erie
6. Maine
7. New jersey
8. Washington

Likely that you will have to move if you attend WVSOM.