Having trouble calculating true cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossstr

Everything I do, I do for salsa dancing
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is based off of taking 1 year of courses at one school then transferring to a different school for the rest of my undergrad (not sure where to put this year in calculator - should I have just a really long freshman year section?). Also, I majored in Physician Assistant studies with a Bachelor's so I'm not sure if some of my PA school classes count towards my science GPA or not :X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Were those PA classes listed as normal undergrad classes? Like were you taking it alongside other bio/chem/science majors? Which classes are you wondering about?

I think your 1 year of classes at school #1 would be freshman, and then the rest would be sophomore on up. At the end of the day, the numbers/grades are what matters, not necessarily whether you are classified as a freshman or junior or whatever.

Reactions: 1 user
Were those PA classes listed as normal undergrad classes? Like were you taking it alongside other bio/chem/science majors? Which classes are you wondering about?

I think your 1 year of classes at school #1 would be freshman, and then the rest would be sophomore on up. At the end of the day, the numbers/grades are what matters, not necessarily whether you are classified as a freshman or junior or whatever.
No I took them all as prerequisites to get into the PA program. My classes in the program were: Pharmacology I and II, Clinical Medicine I, II, III, and IV, Physical Diagnosis I and II, Healthcare Ethics and Law, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, and then many Clinical Rotations which I received letter grades in.

Members don't see this ad :)
No I took them all as prerequisites to get into the PA program. My classes in the program were: Pharmacology I and II, Clinical Medicine I, II, III, and IV, Physical Diagnosis I and II, Healthcare Ethics and Law, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, and then many Clinical Rotations which I received letter grades in.

Gotcha. Yeah that does make it a little trickier, because the titles almost imply graduate level courses. But since they are pre-reqs as an undergrad, my assumption is that it would count towards your sGPA. A & P would probably count as a pre-req for med school, but the others I don't think would.

@Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM would probably be able to give some better input here as they work in academia.

Better just to peruse the AMCAS and AACOMAS websites.

Gotcha. Yeah that does make it a little trickier, because the titles almost imply graduate level courses. But since they are pre-reqs as an undergrad, my assumption is that it would count towards your sGPA. A & P would probably count as a pre-req for med school, but the others I don't think would.

@Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM would probably be able to give some better input here as they work in academia.

Reactions: 1 user
In all likelihood Pharm, Clinical Med, Physical Diagnosis, Healthcare Ethics and the clinical rotations will all be classified as "All other" (AO) and tagged HEAL (health). Anatomy & Physiology might be classified as BIO and be part of your BCPM (science) GPA.

In all likelihood Pharm, Clinical Med, Physical Diagnosis, Healthcare Ethics and the clinical rotations will all be classified as "All other" (AO) and tagged HEAL (health). Anatomy & Physiology might be classified as BIO and be part of your BCPM (science) GPA.
This is helpful thank you!