HCOP at UCONN or SPEP II at Baylor for the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mango8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I've applied for both the HCOP And SPEP II programs this summer. There's been a plethora of information on this site about the SPEP program but not much about the HCOP.

I've heard that the HCOP program at UCONN prepares you for the DAT with KAPLAN materials. Can anyone who has participated in the program give some general feedback about it? How did you feel after completing it? Do you think you could have done a better or comparable job studying for the DAT on your own? What was your favorite and least favorite thing about the program?

For anyone that has been apart of the the SPEP II I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

So far I've been accepted to HCOP still waiting on a response from Baylor. Not sure yet which one I will attend if I'm accepted to both.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

So I've applied for both the HCOP And SPEP II programs this summer. There's been a plethora of information on this site about the SPEP program but not much about the HCOP.

I've heard that the HCOP program at UCONN prepares you for the DAT with KAPLAN materials. Can anyone who has participated in the program give some general feedback about it? How did you feel after completing it? Do you think you could have done a better or comparable job studying for the DAT on your own? What was your favorite and least favorite thing about the program?

For anyone that has been apart of the the SPEP II I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

So far I've been accepted to HCOP still waiting on a response from Baylor. Not sure yet which one I will attend if I'm accepted to both.
Bump

Hello everyone,

Bump

I know a guy who did the UConn program last summer and he wasn't a fan, didn't think it prepared him as well as he could have done just studying on his own. He ended up retaking the DAT because he wasn't happy with his score the first time around after completing the program. I don't know much about the Baylor program other than it's tough to get into.