headsets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvrsumr

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A dentist friend of mine is trying to convince me to get headsets for my staff.

customearpiece.com

She loves them and says it really improves efficiency. Anyone use headsets in their practice? Pros or cons?

My staff just informed me I have 30 patients scheduled tomorrow which would be an all time high. I need to be as efficient as possible!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be a lot funnier and more interesting if you gave all of your 30 patients headsets.

A dentist friend of mine is trying to convince me to get headsets for my staff.

customearpiece.com

She loves them and says it really improves efficiency. Anyone use headsets in their practice? Pros or cons?

My staff just informed me I have 30 patients scheduled tomorrow which would be an all time high. I need to be as efficient as possible!

Thanks

Congrats on 30 patients! Thats a load!

Which specific headset and transmitter combo are you considering?

You could also do wireless intercoms, which would be cheaper. I used those in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its the one for about 1K for 6 headsets. Weve got phones everywhere but running an in office procedure suite keeps the staff away from their desks.

Just had to get a big upgrade on the computers as well...

Its the one for about 1K for 6 headsets. Weve got phones everywhere but running an in office procedure suite keeps the staff away from their desks.

Just had to get a big upgrade on the computers as well...

1k? wow

sorry to hear about the computer stuff.

Im trying to optimize efficiency with technology. Option two is go traditional and hire another staff member

thanks docj. will look into further

I'm going to look into tactical communication gear. Built better, much cheaper. Anything medically oriented will result in rape your butt prices.

Let me know what you find. 1k for 6 walkie talkies is steep. Gonna pull trigger in next week

I'm also always looking for ways to improve efficiency. How would headsets accomplish this? Would it just be for communication between you and your staff? Would they answer phones through this system?

I think the one docj listed would allow answering the phones. My phones were pretty expensive so not ready to make a change yet.

I have a 3000 sq foot office there seems to be alot of running around. Can think of many times a day is would be helpful. Even if it saved a few hours of staff time a week that could be the difference of having to make a new hire.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 weeks into the $125 a piece hands free headsets. Saves myself and each staff member about a half hour a day. Have paid off already. After dragon software for my emr best office equipment I have bought.

Custom earpiece . Com $900 for 6 with charging stations etc.. You'll love it and thusfar no negative patient responses. I asked

What are you guys doing in your offices? SWAT raids? We send pop-up messages PC to PC (since most people are usually at their desks other than myself or my RN) and nobody is ever more than a 20 sec walk from their desk. I have a cheap intercom from Radio Shack in the procedure room so I can ask someone to change the thermostat if I'm too warm.

What are you guys doing in your offices? SWAT raids? We send pop-up messages PC to PC (since most people are usually at their desks other than myself or my RN) and nobody is ever more than a 20 sec walk from their desk. I have a cheap intercom from Radio Shack in the procedure room so I can ask someone to change the thermostat if I'm too warm.

we have instant messenger type of program on our PCs...

but invariably i or the nurse are not at their PC - either rooming a patient or in doing a procedure. 5 exam rooms, 1 fluoro, separate nurse office.

i calculate that i spend about 20 minutes a day walking from room to room trying to find a nurse. good exercise, but a waste of time.

we have instant messenger type of program on our PCs...

but invariably i or the nurse are not at their PC - either rooming a patient or in doing a procedure. 5 exam rooms, 1 fluoro, separate nurse office.

i calculate that i spend about 20 minutes a day walking from room to room trying to find a nurse. good exercise, but a waste of time.

These paid for themselves in a week. 5 new 20 minute slots a week....

Staff loves them too. I have everyone do everything so they like to be able to keep in communication or ask for help easily