Heard back from Southern IL - should I cancel other interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received an interview from my state school, SIU where total COA is dirt cheap and I love the corriculum. I've been on 3 other interviews so far. Should I just cancel UPENN, NYU etc. I have no interest in paying double the COA.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should still go? I mean interviews does not mean acceptance. Only reason I would cancel interviews if I had acceptances already. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely still go to the interviews. Having interviewed does not guarantee acceptance. You're already this far! What is a few hundred dollars for these interviews, especially if you're going be saving potentially over 100k by going to SIU.

That said, if you get into SIU, I completely support you attending for the cheap COA. Very intelligent move.

Members don't see this ad :)
Often, interviews are confused with acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview from my state school, SIU where total COA is dirt cheap and I love the corriculum. I've been on 3 other interviews so far. Should I just cancel UPENN, NYU etc. I have no interest in paying double the COA.

Only cancel interviews when you've been accepted to a school that you want to go to. Saving a a few hundred on traveling expenses for interviews is not worth letting go of possible acceptance on the offchance your first choice doesn't take you.

From someone who has been unable to get off of multiple waitlists in previous cycles: take every interview until you get in somewhere.