Hello, I need your help about HER2 IHC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carloschaccere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an electronics engineering student. I'm doing a software image analysis of tissue on Her2 IHC procedure, but I have a problem to determine the score (+0, +1, +2, +3) final . I have analyze only the tumor cells showing staining, or all cells in the sample.

for example:
There are areas in the images showing staining and some not. I have only to analyze the cells present in that area?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're going to be better off talking to the pathologist providing you slides, and you're probably going to need/want an ongoing dialogue with someone local to you as you work, test, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with KC - try to find a local pathologist to work with, one that also speaks your native language. Will be to your benefit long term if you're going to be working with IHCs.

Thanks for your help, I will consult with the pathologist who is advising me. Understanding these things are not easy for an engineering student but this project is very interesting.
Thank you again.

Last edited:
Isn't there something (Chromavision) that already does this?