HELP! a week left till test day and...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

detvar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just completely bombed my kaplan FL 10

i'd been averaging around 35/36 on kaplans 1-9, and somehow got a 28 on FL10!!

was this particularly hard for others too, or am i just completely f*cked? and this wasn't a particularly bad day for me either, i've mostly been doing everything as usual

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

was this particularly hard for others too, or am i just completely f*cked? and this wasn't a particularly bad day for me either, i've mostly been doing everything as usual

thanks a lot

Don't forget, the MCAT has a curve! Don't freak out! I'm sure it was a fluke! Have you taken any AAMC CBTs?

hey, yeah, on the AAMCs i'm aroun 34/35, but the last one i took, AAMC, screwed me up too, i dropped 3 points below my average, one of my worst so far. and then this happens today.

interestingly though, my percentages on this kaplan test were similar to my usual, not horribly far off. is there curve just really stringent??

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks a lot
Kaplan 10 is insanely hard. It is not an accurate predictor of your score by any means. Don't worry about it.

thanks corpus, that's somewhat of a relief.

why the hell would they make this test so hard??? the thing is the test isn't too difficult compared to the others, but the curve is crazy!

if anyone else could please offer input, i'd appreciate it. either this test is truly difficult, or my brain has been fried by all this studying, in which case i'd also appreciate some advice as to how to un-fry it over the next week.

thanks a lot

thanks a lot

Yeah, I posted something like this thread after Kaplan FL 10 too. This was insanely difficult for me. I had difficulty understanding some of it even when I went back to review the questions untimed.

this happened to me with aamc 10. i did much worse than my average too and i thought i was screwed for the real thing. i ended up getting in a huge panic for the actual test, and didn't end up taking it (but the 110 degree testing center had more to do with that). compute an average of all of your exams - everything you've taken - and you'll see that you're solid.

to un-fry your brain, treat yourself to things you like. for me, that was chocolate cupcakes and lots of pancakes, but you may be different. then lay off the material for two days and do some verbal or something to keep the test mentality up until test day. good luck!

thanks for the posts.

blahwhatever, did those last FLs provide any helpful insight when it came to the real test, or were they just too unrealistic to be of use?

thanks

thanks for the posts.

blahwhatever, did those last FLs provide any helpful insight when it came to the real test, or were they just too unrealistic to be of use?

thanks

Sorry, I just responded to your thread without checking the PM.

I took the Aug. 20th exam. It was very difficult, but not as difficult as FL10. Not even close, FL10 was impossible. I would say review it and try to figure out the ways they tried to trick you, it will be good practice. The actual thing definitely won't be tricky to that extent.

I took all the AAMC full lengths, and Kaplan full lengths up to 10. After taking 10, I didn't really bother doing 11. I was afraid that if it was anything like 10 it would hurt my confidence going into the exam, more than it would help me learn anything significant.

I would say the actual MCAT was closer to the earlier Kaplan FLs more than AAMCs though. Questions were very passage based. Make sure you learn to follow the basic logic behind the passages.

With 30+ scores on Kaplan's 1-9, you'll probably get 30+ on the real thing too.

Yea. I just took FL 10 and 11. my scores dropped 10 pts from the usual (aamc tests). i thought it's just cause i haven't touched the material in like 2 weeks. but good to hear similar cases.

did you guys think the same: Kaplan tests were harder than Berkley?
Actually I thought they were the hardest.