Help adding a couple schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pollos

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
App just got verified but before it's sent out on Tuesday I want to apply to 3 more schools that I have the best shot at getting an II/acceptance at (little worried I didn't apply broadly enough).

cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.25 MCAT 28 (8/10/10)
Average-slightly above average EC's so I think my numbers will play the biggest role.

Debating between MUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM (CC and VC), LMU-DCOM, KCUMB

I'd really like to apply to KCUMB but not sure realistically if I have great chances. Their requirement list on their website makes me hesitant. Also, it says min sGPA of 3.25 and I'm right at the cutoff which also worries me!

Already applied to: ATSU-KCOM, CCOM, PCOM, GA-PCOM, OUHCOM, LECOM, LECOM Bradenton, MSUCOM, NSUCOM, PNWU-COM, UNECOM

Thanks for any suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking from my experience last cycle, I would definitely add more schools (maybe even all of those you listed)

I had a very similar GPA, 31 MCAT, was complete much earlier with good ECs and didn't get an ii from CCOM, PCOM, OUHCOM, LECOM-E, or MSUCOM which is nearly half your list. Obviously every applicant is unique but just throwing my experience out there. Its better to shell out a few extra dollars now during applications than have to reapply.

Speaking from my experience last cycle, I would definitely add more schools (maybe even all of those you listed)

I had a very similar GPA, 31 MCAT, was complete much earlier with good ECs and didn't get an ii from CCOM, PCOM, OUHCOM, LECOM-E, or MSUCOM which is nearly half your list. Obviously every applicant is unique but just throwing my experience out there. Its better to shell out a few extra dollars now during applications than have to reapply.

Yeah I thought I was a top heavy with those schools but being a MI resident, I want to keep close to home, only reason I applied to CCOM and OUHCOM (wishful thinking). Looks like the cycle turned out successful for you though, thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad :)
App just got verified but before it's sent out on Tuesday I want to apply to 3 more schools that I have the best shot at getting an II/acceptance at (little worried I didn't apply broadly enough).

cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.25 MCAT 28 (8/10/10)
Average-slightly above average EC's so I think my numbers will play the biggest role.

Debating between MUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM (CC and VC), LMU-DCOM, KCUMB

I'd really like to apply to KCUMB but not sure realistically if I have great chances. Their requirement list on their website makes me hesitant. Also, it says min sGPA of 3.25 and I'm right at the cutoff which also worries me!

Already applied to: ATSU-KCOM, CCOM, PCOM, GA-PCOM, OUHCOM, LECOM, LECOM Bradenton, MSUCOM, NSUCOM, PNWU-COM, UNECOM

Thanks for any suggestions!
I would add Marian, KCUMB, and LMU.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to any school you would like to go to and have a realistic shot at. As someone above said, you are better off dropping a few more 100 now than reapplying.
KCUMB will not send you a 2nd if they don't like you. They don't waste your $. Just apply and see. If it was me, I would apply to 15-17 schools with your stats, and at least a couple more of the newer/not as high tier. I had similar (slightly lower MCAT) and rock solid ECs. and ended up going to a school that was originally an afterthought for me. You never know.