HELP! am i the only one who hates Q bank ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovesleep

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ugh..i've been studying for some time now. i've covered all the material pretty well..or so i thought. i'm consistently getting around 60% on qbank. i have 2 weeks left. but i've been hovering around the 60% and cant seem to shake it off. oh yea..and i hit an occasional 45% on someblocks. i've been doing 50 question random blocks and about 75% done with q bank. what should do to improve my score? am i doomed ?

Members don't see this ad.

Ill throw in my 2 cents even tho i havent taken the beast yet....gat a few more weeks.

With 2 weeks to go, you dont have time to freak out. Moreover u dont need a 95% or have to finish Q-bank to kill the boards....its a good way to study but importantly its a very hlepfull diagnostic tool that shows your weaknesses and strenghts.

Use the tools on the Qbank to figure out your weak areas..Cardio, Endocrine, etc....hit em hard over the next few days....meanwhile LAY OFF Q-BANK for now. When u get back on it...Keep reviewing every answer -correct and missed- as you go !!!. I've learnt a whole lot from doing that. (If u xust the Qs..go back and review the answers from previous tests)

If things dont improve....Gain some CONFIDENCE by reviewing and solidifing what you know and youll be fine.
Good luck.

TIMMY said:
Ill throw in my 2 cents even tho i havent taken the beast yet....gat a few more weeks.

With 2 weeks to go, you dont have time to freak out. Moreover u dont need a 95% or have to finish Q-bank to kill the boards....its a good way to study but importantly its a very hlepfull diagnostic tool that shows your weaknesses and strenghts.

Use the tools on the Qbank to figure out your weak areas..Cardio, Endocrine, etc....hit em hard over the next few days....meanwhile LAY OFF Q-BANK for now. When u get back on it...Keep reviewing every answer -correct and missed- as you go !!!. I've learnt a whole lot from doing that. (If u xust the Qs..go back and review the answers from previous tests)

If things dont improve....Gain some CONFIDENCE by reviewing and solidifing what you know and youll be fine.
Good luck.

That's right. Qbank is a great tool, but you son't have to ace it to do well on your boards. In some ways their questions sometimes seemed tougher than those on the boards. Doing well on the boards involves almost as much strategy as it does actual knowledge and Qbank helps you refine that strategy I'd say.

ilovesleep said:
ugh..i've been studying for some time now. i've covered all the material pretty well..or so i thought. i'm consistently getting around 60% on qbank. i have 2 weeks left. but i've been hovering around the 60% and cant seem to shake it off. oh yea..and i hit an occasional 45% on someblocks. i've been doing 50 question random blocks and about 75% done with q bank. what should do to improve my score? am i doomed ?
to start off, I'm not the person who's gonna make you feel awesome just cuz we're all happy people here. 60% is okay, but the overall percentage on qbank is 62%. what does this mean? you are going to pass your boards; no question about that, as long as you don't freak yourself out. are you going to do above average? that's questionable as it stands right now. as for the remainder of your time, make sure you really study the stuff you don't know that well as of now. definitely take an NBME practice test soon to identify your weaknesses, etc.

I took the big test today, and I was suprised at how much qbank helped me. definitely take at least one NBME test if you have time. also, please do yourself a favor and take the free 150 questions (and UNDERSTAND them). I had 2 questions today from the NBME form 2 and 3 questions from the free 150.

I do not like QBank that much. I'm using it to help solidify, at the end of the day, the material that I studied that day. I'm amazed at some of the questions I see, and all I do is laugh and say, WTF?!!? I'm just committed to passing this exam and doing the best I can -- not making myself insane over this blasted exam.