MD & DO help!!! Applying soon. chances ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Burns

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should "look at" getting a 45, haha. We'll need more details (types of activities and hours) to give you a better picture. Hope the great people here can give you some insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
Invest in MSAR Online and apply accordlingly. Your GPAs are fine for any DO program, including mine. MD schools? Low tier only, but some schools do weight more the last 2-3 years of schooling. Be strategic in your targeting.

Hey all thanks for taking the time to look at this! Anywhom I have a bizzare gpa conundrum. My cumulative gpa is 3.34 but science gpa is 3.63. If you factor out my first year in college I have a 3.5 cumulative gpa. I've gone on a mission trip, volunteered, done community service, worked my entire undergrad career and I've been shadowing here at one of the most prestigious hospitals in Dallas. I'm scheduled to take my mcat this summer. what score should I look at ? And what are my chances at both MD and DO schools ?

MD is going to be a crapshoot. Prepare accordingly.

Thanks I've been taking aamc practice exams ($35) and scoring between 24-29. My current classes correlate with the mcat. Would a 30-32 get me serious consideration ? And if so, what schools should I target ? Texas resident
I could see that you have a shot at MD with 30+ MCAT since you are a TX resident... You should be fine for DO with a 26+....