Help! Applying with a Masters?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mangos18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I need some advice - I graduated from undergrad with a very low gpa - 2.2 to be exact. I had some trouble with my major and I can make a ton of excuses but they aren't going to make up for my low gpa. However I did take the GRES do well on those and got into a graduate program - currently in my masters of neuroscience program I have a 3.5 gpa and I've shadowed two podiatrist, I have tons of community service hours and such. What should I be aiming for on the MCAT ? And do I stand a chance at getting in for the next cycle?! Is there anything else I should do to improve my stats? I have also taken some 'post bac' classes (I had to retake physics and organic chem 2)

Thanks for the input in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You have an upward trend with your grad school grades. What is your sGPA and pre-req classes grades? If I were you I would try to shoot as high as possible on the MCAT. People do get in 20-22 scores but try to get the best you can. Temple does accept the GRE, however, I would apply broadly if I were you and you would have to take the MCAT for that.

Relax, take the MCAT, you will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can also apply now (to Temple) with your gre scores. it doesnt hurt to apply (like 100$ which is nothing in the long run). If you get in to temple and decide to go there, you would start in the fall.

might as well give it a shot before having to take another standardized test. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! Im going to apply for the next cycle since I still have to retake Orgo... :(