Help! Can I still apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podpod1213

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to apply to Podiatry is it too late to apply? I wanted to apply to Scholl Collage.

My stats:

3.58cGPA
3.39sGPA
20 MCAT
Research with publications
EC hours over 400 hours
Shadowed an MD, DO: 300 Hours

I have filled out most of the application online I am just waiting on my transcripts to come in. I have not shadowed a DPM though.

For the personal statement should I don't have an experience from a Pod office but an experience from a DO office regarding feet orthotics.

Please let me know what I should do and if there is any chances for Scholl college.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Without shadowing a DPM you have no chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call scholl admissions and ask how many seats are still available. You're really late in the cycle so it's going to be tough.
The fact that you haven't shadowed a DPM yet makes it seem like a back up plan or a last ditch effort. Be prepared to explain yourself if it comes up in the interview if you do get granted one.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in the same boat as you except I have a higher MCAT but less MD/DO shadowing experiences. I already called Scholl and they said there's still seats available but they won't tell me how many. I say just go for it! That's what I'm doing. I hope we both get in!

Reactions: 1 users
go for it, i think you have a good shot at some of the schools still

The only school worth going for me right now is Scholl. Do you think I have a shot at Scholl?

Your GPA is slightly above average for Scholl. However your GPA is below the ~23 average of admitted students. I would think early in the cycle that may be acceptable, but a higher score would make you more competitive.

Furthermore, while I can't speak for the school itself, it is late in the admissions cycle, and they likely are nearing full if not yet. You might be able to interview and be wait-listed, but I'd say your chances for acceptance are low. If you applied in August your chances would be higher, with or without a new MCAT score.

Your GPA is slightly above average for Scholl. However your GPA is below the ~23 average of admitted students. I would think early in the cycle that may be acceptable, but a higher score would make you more competitive.

Furthermore, while I can't speak for the school itself, it is late in the admissions cycle, and they likely are nearing full if not yet. You might be able to interview and be wait-listed, but I'd say your chances for acceptance are low. If you applied in August your chances would be higher, with or without a new MCAT score.

I don't get why so many people are saying it's really late and that they're nearing full. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the priority deadline Apr 1st and the final deadline in June? As long you submit before the priority deadline (4/1) you shouldn't be considered late, am I right?

I don't get why so many people are saying it's really late and that they're nearing full. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the priority deadline Apr 1st and the final deadline in June? As long you submit before the priority deadline (4/1) you shouldn't be considered late, am I right?
There is a "priority" deadline but since pod admissions is rolling the deadline can be misleading for schools with small classes (CSPM filled up SUPER quick this year) and the application process is more competitive each year.

Applying earlier is better. I always suggest applying as soon as you can.

Reactions: 1 user

With the rolling admissions as well as an increasing trend in applicants, spots fill up earlier. Podiatry schools have been able to be a bit more demanding from applicants, but earlier interviewees have better odds.

Retake that MCAT and reapply DO OP.