Help deciding where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umichdent2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Michigan so I know I will be applying to Michigan and UDM but other than that I am totally unsure where else to apply. I want to apply to places that are out of state friendly but also not crazy expensive. Please help!

Undergrad-University of Michigan
Major-Biopsychology, Cognition and Neuroscience
Cumulative GPA-3.78
Science GPA-3.67
AA: 25
TS: 23
PAT: 21
QR: 27
RC: 28
BIO: 22
GC: 22
OC: 27

Members don't see this ad.

With those stats, you have a pretty good shot at pretty much any school in the country I would think that accepts OOS. Especially if you've got shadowing hours, volunteer hours, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Add Uconn, Marquette, and Pitt. All are fairly OOS friendly and don't have terrible tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
With your stats, even public schools outside your state are possible. Apply to all the schools that look appealing to you.

Not to mention, with those stats the possibility of scholarships. There is also a list floating around of OOS schools that give you in-state after a year. I'd search those out as well. I'd also start looking at schools in areas with lower costs of living, probably obvious, but if you can save money on rent over the next 4 years, that is less debt.