Help devise a plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heartOfWarmth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to enter University in Australia. However,i was wondering how would i move to America to practice and study there.
The main reason i want to move to America is because i want to go and study Postgraduate or a Specialty in an Ivy League School.
However, would it be possible to do your internship in America and attain residency which i could specialize in a field at University.
This would include resolving my university debt(HEX).
Personally i think its never to early to plan, especially medicine.
So would anyone know how i could finish medicine and be able to transfer to America to do a Specialty or Course in America?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll need to write the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS exams, spend all your elective time in your final year in the US and generally be a good student. Australian medical school curriculum doesn't prepare you well for the USMLE so you'll need to do a lot of on your own studying because you need to score as high as possible on both the Step 1 and Step 2 CK. The CS is a clinical exam you need to pass.

Research helps but only if you are actually interested in it. The Ivy League itself is almost impossible for foreigners so I would strongly reconsider. Doing a masters is possible, but getting residency in the Ivies will require a very strong resume.

Reactions: 1 user