Help. Expelled - Misconduct

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OP obviously broke the rules and was justly convicted.

But there's a voice in the back of my hand that wonders if what he did was so morally different than what most applicants I've met on the interview trail are doing: asking for extra interview days without notifying their school (i.e. keeping the missed days between them and the preceptor).

Reactions: 1 user
OP obviously broke the rules and was justly convicted.

But there's a voice in the back of my hand that wonders if what he did was so morally different than what most applicants I've met on the interview trail are doing: asking for extra interview days without notifying their school (i.e. keeping the missed days between them and the preceptor).

I figure there's a difference between asking your preceptor for days off as opposed to not showing up and forging their signature

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's unfortunate that some schools force med students to do rotations Oct - Jan. My last clinical rotation was in September. All research and nonclinical from here on out (unless I decide to add a clinical elective in Feb or Apr for fun.)

Wow. Yes, there is always more to these stories then the OP says. Forging someone's signature is a huge warning sign of untrustability....that is the major problem, not just skipping class/rotation as the OP originally said. Plus, it was not the first time he had done it! (although he claimed in his first post that this was his first breach of professionalism, he goes on to say

They used my absences I accrued in second year and made a case that I had a pattern of behavior of un professionalism.

I think its safe to assume that he is leaving out pertinent details of his 2nd year absences, just as he did concerning his 4th year absences. So yeah, as if what he did 4th year wasn't enough, it sounds like he already had a record of fraud which he hadn't learned from.

Most medical (or other professional students) aren't expelled a week before graduation, its safe to assume when they are, there is probably a good reason why they were.