Help for a lecture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kitra101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

At the place where I am doing my residency, there is a mandatory radiology clerkship for medical students. I know that it is often difficult to ask questions while watching the radiologists dictate studies and that it can be intimidating to ask questions of certain attendings. Recently, after reviewing some cases with my attending, I was approached by a medical student with a question (once the attending had left). The student asked how to tell an MRI of the brain from a CT scan. To some this may seem simple, but to others, it may be challenging. I wanted to see if I could gather some questions that medical students may have about radiology (or things they would like to ask that may be of benefit once they begin residency) that may be uncomfortable to ask an attending.

Any questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and congrats to all the upcoming grads.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

At the place where I am doing my residency, there is a mandatory radiology clerkship for medical students. I know that it is often difficult to ask questions while watching the radiologists dictate studies and that it can be intimidating to ask questions of certain attendings. Recently, after reviewing some cases with my attending, I was approached by a medical student with a question (once the attending had left). The student asked how to tell an MRI of the brain from a CT scan. To some this may seem simple, but to others, it may be challenging. I wanted to see if I could gather some questions that medical students may have about radiology (or things they would like to ask that may be of benefit once they begin residency) that may be uncomfortable to ask an attending.

Any questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and congrats to all the upcoming grads.

Whats the difference between a CAT scan and a CT?

Why can't radiology techs do PA and Lateral at the bedside?

Whats a Houndsfield unit?