Help Help Im Thinking About Pa School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespTherapist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELL EVERYBODY IM NEW AND LOVING THIIS WEBPAGE. I AM RESPIRATORY THERAPIST AND I WANT TO GO INTO PA STUDIES AND THERE IS A PA SCHOOL WHICH OFFERS A.S DEGREE AND IT WILL TAKE ME ABOUT 3 YEARS TO COMPLETE. HOWEVER WHILE WORKING IN DIFFERENT HOSPITALS I ALWAYS CHECK OUT HUMAN RESOURCES AND JOB POSTINGS AND THERE IS ALMOST NEVER ANY POSITIONS FOR PA'S WHICH SCARES ME. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS..:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

OK..... first, calm down.... take a deep breath!

Second, turn off the caps lock key - using all capitals implies that you are "shouting" and no one wants to be shouted at!

Third, there are several PAs that post here and hopefully they will catch your post. If not, take a look around the threads and see what others have to say. As for job prospects, I highly doubt you will have a hard time finding a job as a PA anywhere. PAs can help you more with this...

Good luck!

step 1: check out www.aapa.org the official pa website
step 2: check out www.physicianassistant.net for a pa specific forum
step 3: take everything you hear about pa's on sdn with a pound of salt. most of these folks are premed, medstudents, or frustrated docs who have very little knowledge of pa training or capabilities.at best they have met 1 or 2 pa's and formed an opinion of all pa's based on the performance of a very small sample.
as an r.t. you would make a great fit for pa school. the best pa students are almost always rt's, paramedics, and nurses.
there are lots of pa jobs out there. the most recent figure is 4 jobs for every new grad down from 7 when I was a student( due to a tripling in the # of programs over the last decade or so).
there are also pa postgrad residencies available if desired. see www.appap.org