Help! I need some guidance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lm1120

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got my mcat score today and I didn't do as well as I expected. I got a PS 9, V 8, BS 8, 25P. I have a 3.8 cum and 3.82 science in an honors program. I shadowed two doctors over all about 90 hours. One of the doctors was in third world country. Both MD's. 120+ volunteering at local hospital. 50 hours volunteering in lebanon in underprivileged areas. Other 100+ random non medical volunteering. two part time jobs for the past 3 years. Leader and founder of two groups at school and other EC activities. A year of epilepsy research, pretty strong personal statement. So my question is do I still have a chance for this cycle or should I just wait till next year? should I finish the secondaries? I have already sent my primaries. Im really lost I need some help, I would really appreciate any input. I don't want to waste any more money than necessary. Please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

You can always retake it. Just don't be in a rush to do so unless you're completely prepared. If you haven't applied yet and think you can do better on the MCAT, then I'd wait if I were in your shoes.

Your application sounds strong otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, man I don't have much advice but just want to send some good vibes your way. Tough break. I'm really sorry and we can all feel your pain.

But you have amazing everything else. Top notch. If I were you I would bite the bullet and pull my app. Retake when you are testing over 30 consistently. You can def do it.

Thanks guys, i appreciate. What really absolutely sucks is that I was pulling a 33 on all the aamc practice test. Im at a loss for words. O-well guess it wasnt meant to be this year :(