(Help!) Just got MCAT score today, do I retake in 3 days or not??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

questiona

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats are good enough to get into an MD school. Even though average is usually around 30, your GPA allows you to get a lower score. Be done with this test!

I have a bit of a problem.
I just got my mcat score today and it is 28 7/10/11 (VR/PS/BS)
This is 2 points lower than my AAMC average.

A long time ago I signed up again for the MCAT this friday just incase. I can't decide If I should take it this friday or not..

4.0 sGPA/3.9 total GPA/ normal EC + research and I Applying in an undeserved state. I am white also.

Please help with advice!

I was under the impression that 7 in any subsection means you should retake. But if you have not been putting in the hours during the last month and if you are not currently doing practice test this week at the score you want, then I would wait til your practice scores are a point or two higher than you want.

I had a friend who got into an MD program with a 6 in verbal. His overall score was higher but his GPA wasn't as high as OP's GPA. It's all a numbers game and a 4.0 might be good enough for a school, even with a 28. But I also agree with Doogie17 and that you should have a point or 2 higher than what you want before retaking. GL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now would probably not be the best time to rush into writing another MCAT. Have you been studying as much as you were for your previous MCAT? Do you feel mentally prepared to write another exam? I think the last thing you need to do is jump the gun and have the possiblity of not improving your score. Take some time. Think it through.