Help ! MCAT 2015 Review Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
The new MCAT 2015 will have the same sciences as the old one except with few subtractions. Since the content isn't changed at all, will it be fine if I study for sciences from TBR, or EK or TPR review books for the old MCAT? I would rather pick up content review books for Psychology, Biochemistry, and Sociology for the newer version instead of buying the whole set. Please state your views on what should I do. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you already have TBR content books and don't want to buy a whole new set of books then I'd recommend that you pick up a MCAT2015 Psych content book & Biochem content book and supplement it all with Khan. This entire forum is riddled with praise of Khan because it's free! You can't beat that, especially since they've collaborated with the AAMC in making their videos and questions. With all that (old test TBR, new test Psych and Biochem, and Khan) I'd also recommend TPR science workbook for now since the amount of practice for the new test is underwhelming, and with that in mind if you're willing to shell out a few extra sheckles then get the Official Guide to the AAMC (120 MCAT21015 questions in this bad boy).

If you already have TBR content books and don't want to buy a whole new set of books then I'd recommend that you pick up a MCAT2015 Psych content book & Biochem content book and supplement it all with Khan. This entire forum is riddled with praise of Khan because it's free! You can't beat that, especially since they've collaborated with the AAMC in making their videos and questions. With all that (old test TBR, new test Psych and Biochem, and Khan) I'd also recommend TPR science workbook for now since the amount of practice for the new test is underwhelming, and with that in mind if you're willing to shell out a few extra sheckles then get the Official Guide to the AAMC (120 MCAT21015 questions in this bad boy).
You may've answered this before, but is Khan really better than coursesaver? I know they worked with AAMC but I'm still iffy about it and was gonna go with coursesaver just b/c of how many good reviews I've heard about coursesaver

Khan might be more difficult to understand and have too much content lol

Last edited:
@Levrone
I think coursesaver provides by far a more engaging experience than Khan, but the perks of Khan can't be denied:
1. It's free!
2. They provide practice passages

Chad does a great job and I wholly recommend his videos. But do take advantage of Khan's practice passages at the very least.

Members don't see this ad :)