Help Me Decide between these TWO SCHOOLS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
School A
(1) Has Grades during preclinical years
(2) higher board average than School B, 240s
(3) $46,000 cheaper over the 4 years
(4) Far away from ugrad campus (party school)
(5) Everyone has to do research (I love research)
(6) located in a safer area
(7) Medical School Only
(8) 100 students
(9) new school, new facility

School B
(1) Pass and Fail during preclinical years
(2) Lower board score than the average during past three years (225, 224, 219) and then jumped to 231 last year
(3) Close to Ugrad campus so I can go to ugrad gym, cafeteria, and libraries
(4) has all departments and residency programs (derm, ophta, ent, and etc)
(5) better hospitals than school A
(6) famous research institute located near the campus
(7) Med school, nursing, nurse practitioner, pharmacy, and public health
(8) 190 students
(9) 40 years of history, old school, old facility

Me:
- I prefer a fast-paced and intense environment to be driven and during premed yrs, grades helped me to be driven.
- However, I also want to focus on boards during first 2 years rather than grades

While School A had higher board score this year, match results this year for both were similar.

Members don't see this ad.

School names would actually be helpful in helping you I think. It is to hard to tell just from your list which is better objectively

Both sound nice, I am assuming you are asking because you got off a waitlist?

A few things, I don't think that $46k over 4 years is that much money...then again I'll be taking everything out in loans so $46k is relatively not a lot. Board scores are likely to have more to do with the students than with the school. If you are the type of student who is going to do well on the boards you will probably do just as well at either place. There are exceptions, but most school's programs are really similar. I don't understand your point about being close to undergrad (positive, negative?), I would want to be far away, but that's just me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both sound nice, I am assuming you are asking because you got off a waitlist?

A few things, I don't think that $46k over 4 years is that much money...then again I'll be taking everything out in loans so $46k is relatively not a lot. Board scores are likely to have more to do with the students than with the school. If you are the type of student who is going to do well on the boards you will probably do just as well at either place. There are exceptions, but most school's programs are really similar. I don't understand your point about being close to undergrad (positive, negative?), I would want to be far away, but that's just me.

Yup that's what happened. I prefer to have a place closer to undergrads so that I can use their cafeterias, free gym and multiple libraries.

I want to be you right now sooooo bad....

But i say pass fail sounds like a good idea (school B). I really don't like the pre-med cut throat thing my university has going on (everyone is so mean and evil)