Help me get a 495/496 (podiatry applicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I am taking the Jan 23rd MCAT. I need to get a 495/496 for podiatry. Nothing too crazy.

Put together a rough plan and wondering if you guys thought it looks like a good setup. Anything you would change?

So next 2 weeks will be finishing up some content review. Physics, using Chad's videos. I already paid for the subscription so just finishing up those physics videos as it is my weakest area.

From there I will start going over EK 9th edition.

MON-THURS: One subject chapter a day along with the associated questions, then Friday review everything from that week.

Should finish that by NOV 23rd. Take Thanksgiving break off and for the last 8 weeks just do as many AAMC practice questions as possible. Along with whatever full lengths I can get my hands on.

It is a simple approach but is it enough for a 496?

Thanks everyone! Any input is greatly appreciated! I feel I could structure the last 8 weeks better but with what?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a pretty good approach, no one can say if it'll get you a certain score though. The best you can do is compare your practice full-lengths to others' scores, and take note of how they did on the real exam.
Your last 8 weeks sound like a good plan, I spent my last 8 weeks of MCAT prep doing the same thing. Content review is important but only to a point, it's practice questions and exams that'll help you improve the most.

Sounds like a pretty good approach, no one can say if it'll get you a certain score though. The best you can do is compare your practice full-lengths to others' scores, and take note of how they did on the real exam.
Your last 8 weeks sound like a good plan, I spent my last 8 weeks of MCAT prep doing the same thing. Content review is important but only to a point, it's practice questions and exams that'll help you improve the most.

Awesome thank you!

Any specific practice questions and exams you recommend?

So far I am planning on:
AAMC FL
AAMC 120 question pack
AAMC 720 question pack bundle
Princeton Review FL
3 EK FL exams (however many needed)

That right there should last me 6 weeks correct?

I wouldn't be surprised if you get an MCAT score competitive for DO if you end up keeping to this schedule

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be surprised if you get an MCAT score competitive for DO if you end up keeping to this schedule

Cool! EK has everything I would need?

And honestly if I scored well enough I would be interested in DO however I'm not sure my app has everything they want. Are you very well versed in that subject where I could possibly PM you?

Thanks!

Awesome thank you!

Any specific practice questions and exams you recommend?

So far I am planning on:
AAMC FL
AAMC 120 question pack
AAMC 720 question pack bundle
Princeton Review FL
3 EK FL exams (however many needed)

That right there should last me 6 weeks correct?
Depends on how much you want to do in your last 6 weeks, but yea, I think that's a pretty good work load. All the materials you listed there are solid. Especially the AAMC stuff, can't stress that enough. My CARS section on the real exam literally felt like another AAMC CARS practice pack, that's how similar it was.

There might be a second AAMC FL out later this year too, something else to look in to.