Help me on choosing my Pharm.D thesis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx600

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a pharmacy student (pharm.D) and now it's time for me to choose my thesis subject.
These are the departments in my faculty that i can choose to work with:

1-Medicinal Chemistry
2-Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
3-Pharmaceutics
4-Pharmacognosy
5-Pharmacology and Toxicology
6-Pharmaceutical and Food Control
7-Clinical Pharmacy

I want to study phd in the future and most of my friends chose to study phd in the field that their Pharm.D thesis was.And they told me that my thesis subject is very important for applying for phd.

I want to study phd in another country (maybe north america or sweden) so i want you to help me choose a department that increases my chance of getting accepted.

Thankyou

Members don't see this ad.

I think Clinical pharmacy is a good field to do this in. It is a very hot field right now and many of the top schools like UCSF (#1 school in country) are very big in pushing clinical pharmacy. Research in this area should help you get your foot in the door for UCSF! Good luck!

where do you have to do a thesis for a pharmD? Must be a non-US degree

Members don't see this ad :)
Must be a non-US degree or diploma mill.

I think Clinical pharmacy is a good field to do this in. It is a very hot field right now and many of the top schools like UCSF (#1 school in country) are very big in pushing clinical pharmacy. Research in this area should help you get your foot in the door for UCSF! Good luck!

Thank you for your reply.Do you have information about other fields?How about canada?

where do you have to do a thesis for a pharmD? Must be a non-US degree
Must be a non-US degree or diploma mill.

Yes.It's non-US.It usually takes about 5.5 to 6 years to get your pharmD.

We had to do a 'PharmD IV paper' (either original research or a literature review) in my top 5 program, worked out to be between 15-30 pages.

We had to do a 'PharmD IV paper' (either original research or a literature review) in my top 5 program, worked out to be between 15-30 pages.
I love the "my top five program". I precept at a "top 2 program" and it is not required.

Reactions: 1 user
I love the "my top five program". I precept at a "top 2 program" and it is not required.
Just put that in there to say that it's not just "Non-US degrees or a diploma mill." that make you do a paper.
It shouldn't be required and I got nothing out of writing it or listening to the presentations of my classmates

Any other suggestions about thesis subject?

Just put that in there to say that it's not just "Non-US degrees or a diploma mill." that make you do a paper.
It shouldn't be required and I got nothing out of writing it or listening to the presentations of my classmates
gotcha - I misinterpreted your post as saying your school was so good that it was required - my apologies

Reactions: 1 user