Help me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ucla neuroscience graduate
-3.3ish GPA
2 years working in Alzheimer's lab
4 years of summers volunteering at a surgery center
1.5 years volunteering at a company that offers reconstructive surgery to underprivileged children
3 months volunteering in radiology department at hospital
Member of neuroscience undergrad society at ucla

I am taking my Mcat August 16. Therefore my app won't be in till mid September. If I were to score 30+ on the Mcat, would I have any chance at any MD schools? DO?

Members don't see this ad.

GPA is too low to be competitive for MD programs, but still fine for DO. It might be too late in the MD cycle anyway for this year, but the DO app cycles are longer, so you fine in that regard.

MD schools want high MCATs and high GPAs. DO programs are more flexible.

-3.3ish GPA
1.5 years volunteering at a company that offers reconstructive surgery to underprivileged children

I am taking my Mcat August 16. Therefore my app won't be in till mid September. If I were to score 30+ on the Mcat, would I have any chance at any MD schools? DO?

Members don't see this ad :)
-3.3ish GPA

GPA is a little lower, but definitely not outside what most schools want. If you get a 30+ MCAT then you will be definitely well off for a DO program. Also it is a definite plus that you have a DO letter of recommendation!

MD is worth a shot if you do not mind a high chance that you will be spending a large sum of money and getting nothing in return. Perhaps apply to a few schools that are the most likely to accept you? I always hate to tell someone not to try, but unfortunately you are competing with some of the most neurotic people when it comes to applications deadlines. Most students will have already started the process when it opened in June 10th. This is much worse when it's rolling admissions. I think the only non-rolling admissions are Ivy League schools unfortunately :\

Good Luck!!!

Your ECs are great, but that GPA is really going to hold you back without a fantastic MCAT. Even then it's really late. If you have your heart set on MD you may consider sitting out a round, take a few classes. idk goro would be the man to ask.

Your ECs are great, but that GPA is really going to hold you back without a fantastic MCAT. Even then it's really late. If you have your heart set on MD you may consider sitting out a round, take a few classes. idk goro would be the man to ask.

Heart isn't set, but if there was any chance I would apply ....

-3.3ish GPA

hammer that boner of a cockfest (the MCAT) and if you can ejaculate out a 35+, MDs are no where near impossible.

but like others said, it is WAY too late this cycle. take the MCAT when you are hard and ready, blow that **** out of the water, and join me next cycle - that's your best move.