Help! Missed old test Suggestions on 2015 MCAT study material - Princeton Review or Next Step books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m2y7a

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been out of school for a while and have had to reteach myself many of the topics. I've come a long way, and I am still registered to take the MCAT this Friday but I did not fully complete my physics review. Part of the problem is that I've been using too many sources and textbooks for study and review and I was scattered all over the place, ran out of time for actual practice.

I am upset, wanted to take old exam but now moving forward planning to take Mcat in May.
I need to narrow my focus and not get as distracted by so many different sources. My main focus will be problem solving, I've taught myself the topics pretty well, although still working on Physics.

I don't really like Kaplan but I need some good review books instead of my textbooks. I need some review books that also have a lot of practice problems or examples in one source.

Any suggestions, I have narrowed it down between buying 2015 The Princeton Review set (MCAT 2015) or Next Step which I had never heard of until this week but had some great reviews. Anyone has used these sources or Sterling, please give any tips.

Thanks!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend the Examkrackers series. I have 3 of their books for the new MCAT material and they are written very well and are engaging, not to mention include many practice problems.

Princeton. Well presented with color graphs and in sufficient amount of detail and you get access to their online practice with each book I believe

First off, no one knows how well these books will prepare you for the 2015 MCAT. All we have to go by is the exam content outline the AAMC put out. However, if I had to pick between the two, I'd probably side with TPR based solely on their track record with their previous books. Again this is far from ideal, but it will have to do for awhile.

Reactions: 1 users