Help! My school sent my transcript too early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halgene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just send another... It's fine

Amcas actually will let you make changes even after it is verified

Members don't see this ad :)
From page 10 of the 2015 AMCAS Instruction Manual:

AMCAS will not change or correct:
 Course names, titles, or numbers.
Updated grades and/or hours for the following type of courses that have been left
off the application and did not appear on any official transcript at the time of
processing:

Current & Future (CC)
 Deferred Grade (DG)
 Honor (H)
 Incomplete (I)

From Page 74:

Post-Submission Changes
Make certain that you have thoroughly reviewed your application prior to submitting.
After the submission of your application, you can only make changes to the following
sections:
 ID Numbers.
 Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names.
 Contact Information including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses.
 Alternate Contact Information.
 Date of Birth, Birth Address, and Sex.
 Letters of Evaluation (only additions of up to 10 letter entries and notifying
AMCAS of a letter no longer being sent).
 Next MCAT testing date.
 Add Medical Schools and change existing Program type (deadlines, fees, and
restrictions apply).
 Release application information to your pre-health advisor.

Reactions: 1 user
From page 10 of the 2015 AMCAS Instruction Manual:

AMCAS will not change or correct:
 Course names, titles, or numbers.
Updated grades and/or hours for the following type of courses that have been left
off the application and did not appear on any official transcript at the time of
processing:

Current & Future (CC)
 Deferred Grade (DG)
 Honor (H)
 Incomplete (I)

From Page 74:

Post-Submission Changes
Make certain that you have thoroughly reviewed your application prior to submitting.
After the submission of your application, you can only make changes to the following
sections:
 ID Numbers.
 Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names.
 Contact Information including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses.
 Alternate Contact Information.
 Date of Birth, Birth Address, and Sex.
 Letters of Evaluation (only additions of up to 10 letter entries and notifying
AMCAS of a letter no longer being sent).
 Next MCAT testing date.
 Add Medical Schools and change existing Program type (deadlines, fees, and
restrictions apply).
 Release application information to your pre-health advisor.

From personal experience, they inserted my grades that I had listed as "current" since I managed to get my updated transcript there before I was verified.

As in, I was taking summer courses.. listed the summer courses I was taking with no grade and marked as current.. got my transcript rushed to them when grades came out and they put in the grades for me.

I don't think they will let YOU make changes.. but if they have data on the grades on your transcript, they will treat it as an error and correct it for you (assuming its not too many errors for you).

From personal experience, they inserted my grades that I had listed as "current" since I managed to get my updated transcript there before I was verified..
You were lucky to get the more current transcript in before processing (verification) began. Since OP hasn't even submitted the application yet, there should be no problem getting the more complete transcript submitted in time, too.

Shame on the Registrar's office for their mistake, putting you to the extra work and worry, Halgene.

You were lucky to get the more current transcript in before processing (verification) began. Since OP hasn't even submitted the application yet, there should be no problem getting the more complete transcript submitted in time, too.

Shame on the Registrar's office for their mistake, putting you to the extra work and worry, Halgene.

Yea, I actually tried to time it so I would be able to submit in mid-June but possibly be able to get my new grades there by processing in early July. I got lucky because it took an extra two weeks for my transcript to be sent.. but AMCAS had significant delays as well.

Basically.. AMCAS will use the most updated transcripts they have for you when they begin to verify your application. Get a transcript there after submitting but before processing and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a pretty nice GPA bump, so I think it's worth waiting for notification that the current transcript has arrived before you submit the application.

I don't know that there's a "protocol" as logically, they should use the more complete, more current transcript, if they receive two of them. Calling or emailing is reasonable if it would make you feel better.

I had actually meant protocol for letting each school know my spring grades. You think it's worth it to wait, even if it's a week? I keep hearing horror stories about how 1/3 of the class last year within the first week yada yada.
Waiting a week won't put your application to a disadvantage.

If you were to notify each school of your new grades, they still wouldn't recalculate your official application GPA.