Help narrow down list of schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny13oi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying for the 4th time this year and was wondering if anyone could provide any input on the list of schools below. I will be applying to a total of about 25 schools and the list below I have come upon trying to remove schools that I would have the least chance of acceptance.

cGPA 3.3
sGPA 3.2
nsGPA 3.5

PAT 23
TS 19
AA 22

Asian
TX resident

Schools to narrow down:

Michigan
Columbia
Virginia Commonwealth
Indiana
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Oregon
Case
Creighton

I have already paid for 17 additional schools not listed through my research on the schools. The ones listed above seem about equal to me and was wondering if I was missing something (asian nationality acceptance or OOS seats).

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiosity, did your gpa or DAT change since the last time you applied?

When deciding which ones, I suggest looking at how many out-of-state residents they usually accept. I wanted to apply to Oregon, but last minute, I decided not to because they give preference to in-state then to the states in the west coast who do not have dental schools (WICHE) or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times did you take the DAT and what was the breakdown for the rest of your sections for the DAT? 3 times and no acceptance with those numbers usually means there's a red flag somewhere else.

Hi to answer some of the questions my gpa did not change but I did retake the dat in very late august and submitted before then. Also have done a lot more shadowing and worked as a dental assistant now. My writing skills are not very good however I have spent a lot more time and thought on rewriting the personal statement. The past 3 times I only applied to about 5 schools through aadsas and 3 in texas. Im very determined and hoping for the best.

Last edited: