Help on MCAT Retake Schedule - Buy Kaplan On Demand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KevinGnapoor

Bad-Ass M.C.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From my first MCAT results, I definitely understand that I need major help with content review. I have TPR Hyperlearning Series (2010), all EK, and all TBR (2010), all AAMC tests. I'm wondering if I should make my new schedule using these materials (I'll probably only use EK Bio), or if I should purchase Kaplan on demand to supplement.

My schedule without Kaplan would look something like: Read TPRH Physics Chapter, do discretes from TPRH SW, do passages from TPRH SW.
With Kaplan: Read TPRH Chapter, do Kaplan questions (I'm not totally sure on the differences between sectional tests, subject tests, and topicals).

OR: Should I scrap the self study idea all together and go for a classroom course? I looked into TPR classes but all the classes are in the morning, and that does not work for me. As for Kaplan, there are weekend hours, which are nice. Please let me know what you guys think of this idea. I'm registered for the August 15 MCAT.

Please let me know if I should use anything else to practice more. Keep in mind that my content skills, as of now, are weak, so I will need a lot of practice to digest content. Also, I have work full time so I don't have 8+ hours per day to study. Many thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe I answered something similar for you before, if I'm not mistaken. I truly believe that the $2000 classes are not worth the money. Instead, I highly encourage you to invest in Chad's Videos at coursesaver.com. I'm 15 years out of some of my prereqs as a nontrad and feel like the combination of Chad's Videos with TPRH books is preparing me without any need of more content review. I have other practice materials I'm going to use to keep drilling, but I feel pretty set.