Help!!! Physician shadowing in Miami/ft. Lauderdale area!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moo@Medschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am new a this posting stuff. I am a Pre-med student at FIU that wants and needs to start shadowing any physician in the Miami/ Ft lauderdale area . I have called every hospital, ( which asks to be sponsored by a physician) I have called countless physicians to get the office pick up and who have no clue what shadowing is, or say they will call me back and they never do. I even attempted to go though my advisor who basically told me, I was all on my own! I am DESPERATE I need to get in touch with any physician that will allow me some experience. I have even called for volunteering at clinics an they don't even call back! I know University of Miami offers that but only to UM students. I am from FIU and have had no luck at all for the past month. Any of you out there are my only hope left. Also I asked all my personal physicians they all said they didn't do that. UGH!!! Please anyone outhere help me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from the area. This is not the place to ask. Email physicians directly and try not to look so desperate.

EDIT: that's how i got my shadowing in Miami

Talk to the FIU careers office or alumni office and ask if they can put you in touch with alums in the area who are doctors.

Also talk to your premed advisor and leadership of the school pre-health org if there is one; they may have leads on doctors in the area who are particularly friendly to student shadows.

Reactions: 1 user