Help Please 3.75 GPA 30/28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovecookie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.75 GPA/Science. I took the MCAT 2 times. 1st time=30P 2nd=28Q

I know scoring lower likely hurts me. I'm a California resident from So-Cal, female and asian. My ECs are average, I lack research, but have strong volunteer community services.

Based on this, do I have a good shot at getting into any MD medical schools? I know California schools are a long shot.

Also what schools do you recommend I apply too? Any help is appreciated guys. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have a 3.75 GPA/Science. I took the MCAT 3 times. 1st time=30P 2nd=28Q 3rd=28Q

I know scoring lower likely hurts me. I'm a California resident from So-Cal, female and asian. My ECs are average, I lack research, but have strong volunteer community services.

Based on this, do I have a good shot at getting into any MD medical schools? I know California schools are a long shot.

Also what schools do you recommend I apply too? Any help is appreciated guys. :love:

Stop re-taking the MCAT, or at least void your scores if you feel like they will be low! Your understanding about CA schools is reasonable. You have a shot because of your GPA but the MCAT will be a major problem. Look at OOS schools with lowest requirements, and OOS private schools. Also, you may wish to stop thinking about the MCAT for a year or two and apply later.