Help please! How does my list look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elmacl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a great application and this is a good list for you. I would add Case Western since you're from Ohio, and Northwestern since you seem to like Chicago.

Reactions: 1 user
Do know that you're starting pretty late if you're not even verified yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do know that you're starting pretty late if you're not even verified yet.

If he can be complete at schools before September he is fine.

Gonnif has said that even mid-september completion is fine.

Agree with Banco. I would knock off Vanderbilt and add both Northwestern and Case Western. I am a tiny bit worried about your GPA, particularly because about 1/3 of your list is (or soon will be) top schools, but I think (and I could be wrong) that Ohio is a fairly good state to apply out of, and a lot of your in-state schools are good bets for you.

To comment on the above, I would agree that complete before September is still in "fine" range, but mid-September is definitely pushing "late" in my opinion.

Apply to Northeast OH; that's the best safety school you can have in Ohio.

Your list by and large is ok. If you want to apply to say 18 schools here's how I might break it down.

All your Ohio Schools: That's 6 right there.
Lower tiers: 4-5 more.
Mid tiers: 3-4 more.
Top tiers: 3-4 more.

Your list does that to a decent extent so I don't think its that bad.

The 3.6/3.5 is low for the top tiers(check out their 10th percentiles) but I don't think any of the schools you listed are ridiculous to take a stab at.

You forgot Northeast Ohio. Otherwise, the list looks good.