About the ads

Help please!!!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by smilebig01, Sep 8, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT

Thanks to DAT Destroyer
  1. smilebig01

smilebig01 Member001

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey guys,

so my test is about a week and a half away and i just took my first topscore test two days ago... i got an 18AA which is pretty low but timing really killed me. I now know what to work on but im just soo worried that I wont be able to bring it up in time..

Do you guys think postponing to a date 4-5 days later will help me some? I want to buy DATQVAULT and run through some more destroyer for ochem and gchem for the 3rd time!!!

Please help me out bc im so confused!! Thank you!!
  2. 412smb412

412smb412

Dentist
    topscore does not indicated or predict your score! only use it to see where ur weaknesses are (other than taxonomy b/c bio is just stupid) u should work on timing if its killing u, but topscore probably the worst indicator ever. use qvault
  3. Lucky999

Lucky999

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have actually seen questions on the topscore that are more challenging than qvault. Keep taking them till you gain speed.
  4. tracy123

tracy123

Pre-Dental
    I dont think you should postpone your test date. I mean 4 more days isn't going to help you much at all. You will be fine my scores were like that to, just keep going over the concepts that's the most important thing you can do. Biology is all over the place but the more concepts you know the better you'll do on actual test! Trust me I was worried but I ended up with a 21 in bio! Good Luck you'll be just fine.
  5. smilebig01

smilebig01 Member001

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    kk thanks for the input guys...what was the best indicator for your guy's scores? Im gonna go through all of Qvault and hopefully that helps strengthen my weaknesses as well.
  6. 412smb412

412smb412

Dentist
    pat = crack
    sci = qvault (but less random memorization, the application questions are relevant though)
    quant = math destroyer (same score!)
    rc... it depends on the passage, work with a method that u feel comfortable and WATCH THE TIME!