simba464

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a senior in high school, I want to become an orthopedic. I applied to 16 schools and got accepted into all of them.
My current list of colleges is Stony Brook university, albany, university at buffalo, mcphs, university of delaware, penn state, siena, geneseo, scranton, western Connecticut state university, arcadia, SUNY buffalo, university of hartford, Hofstra, st. John's university, and university of the sciences.

I really need to narrow down my choices. It's safe to say that
Hofstra
St.johns
Arcadia
Scranton
West conn
U sciences
Buffalo
Ubuffalo
Mcphs
Are out, but I need help with deciding over the other schools. Can anyone tell me anything and help me with these schools?
Penn state
Stony brook
Albany
Siena
Geneseo
Hartford
Delaware
I visited Siena and Hofstra so far and was not impressed with what they had to offer. I visited stony brook and was extremely impressed. I'm visiting the rest of the schools within this month but I would love to hear what everyone thinks about the the schools I applied to. I will also be living on campus.
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

What are they going to cost? Will you be taking out loans or is someone paying for your education?

Penn State, Stony Brook, and Albany are possibly your best choices (all things being equal) on your bottom list because they have affiliated medical schools. Hofstra and one of the Buffalo schools (not sure which) on your "out" list also have affiliated medical schools. What state are you a resident of?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are they going to cost? Will you be taking out loans or is someone paying for your education?

My parents will be paying and I have 5,500 in financial aid as well as some scholarship money from each school, the cheapest would be stony brook, Albany, and geneseo.

Penn State, Stony Brook, and Albany are possibly your best choices (all things being equal) on your bottom list because they have affiliated medical schools. Hofstra and one of the Buffalo schools (not sure which) on your "out" list also have affiliated medical schools. What state are you a resident of?
New York

You're really getting ahead of yourself, Grasshopper.

I'd say go for the one with the best fit that has a good research department. Aside from that, just do well.

I think Geneseo and Stony Brook are a great choices.

Between those two it just depends on personal preference and finaid.

Penn state is ridiculously expensive for out of state. I am debating over stony brook / hofstra for biology major as well.

Was going to say the exact same thing. So far as order, that's the order I'd pick them in unless they have substantially different financial aid packages.