About the ads

Help refining my list of schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by yaya123, May 30, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Just looking for some help refining my list of schools. Thanks for any and all help!

I'm a mass native and go to a top 30 university. 25TS/24AA/20PAT. 3.86 oGPA/3.85sGPA (top 5% in class). I've done research for two large pharma companies, president of university pre-dental society, started dental communinty service program, done a few service trips (dental and non-dental related), decent amount of shadowing, always held work-study during classes, another science related summer job (not lab-based)

Tufts, Harvard, UConn, Penn, Columbia, BU, Maryland, maybe UCLA, and probably a few others. I would like to get some sort of scholarship or financial aid, but I realize this probs won't happen hahah
  2. Subcharge

Subcharge

Pre-Dental
    your good for all those schools except UCLA just because they prefer in state applicants. apply early and you got a shot
  3. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental
    Thanks. Does anyone know if SUNY Stony Brook accepts out of state?
  4. BU2012

BU2012

Pre-Dental
    You're competitive for all but UCLA, probably. I know personally that Harvard doesn't really give scholarships. However, Penn and UConn do, and I think if you do DDS/MPH at Columbia you might be able to get a scholarship.
  5. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the input
  6. sacapuntas

sacapuntas Verified Account Gold Donor

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't understand why people are saying you aren't competitive for UCLA? How could an applicant be more competitive? Sure they take a lot of in state, but some people get in out of state. How many applicants do you think have a better combo of DAT, GPA and EC's than the OP? 3?