Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Help refining my list of schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by yaya123, 05.30.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Just looking for some help refining my list of schools. Thanks for any and all help!

I'm a mass native and go to a top 30 university. 25TS/24AA/20PAT. 3.86 oGPA/3.85sGPA (top 5% in class). I've done research for two large pharma companies, president of university pre-dental society, started dental communinty service program, done a few service trips (dental and non-dental related), decent amount of shadowing, always held work-study during classes, another science related summer job (not lab-based)

Tufts, Harvard, UConn, Penn, Columbia, BU, Maryland, maybe UCLA, and probably a few others. I would like to get some sort of scholarship or financial aid, but I realize this probs won't happen hahah
  2. Subcharge

Subcharge

Pre-Dental
    your good for all those schools except UCLA just because they prefer in state applicants. apply early and you got a shot
  3. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental
    Thanks. Does anyone know if SUNY Stony Brook accepts out of state?
  4. BU2012

BU2012

Pre-Dental
    You're competitive for all but UCLA, probably. I know personally that Harvard doesn't really give scholarships. However, Penn and UConn do, and I think if you do DDS/MPH at Columbia you might be able to get a scholarship.
  5. yaya123

yaya123

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the input
  6. sacapuntas

sacapuntas Verified Account

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't understand why people are saying you aren't competitive for UCLA? How could an applicant be more competitive? Sure they take a lot of in state, but some people get in out of state. How many applicants do you think have a better combo of DAT, GPA and EC's than the OP? 3?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal