help: should i push my test tate back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My test date is on September 12. I'm worried that if I do bad on it, I won't be able to sign up for a January MCAT in San Diego before the old MCAT is no longer given. Do you guys think I'll be able to sign up in January when I get my scores back in October? San Diego is probably a very popular area.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same situation as you my friend. Except I am not in SD but nonetheless where I live is just as crowded. I've been checking as well and there seems to be spots here and there close by. Also from previous experience people start dropping dates the closer it gets to a certain date. I really think you should be fine. I actually signed up really late the first time I took mine because I kept changing things around and I STILL got the date/time I wanted :)

I signed up July 5th for the July 12th exam. People who tried to sign up two weeks prior couldn't find a seat. Seats open up towards the end.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i was able to get my test site in socal pretty easily a couple of time (kept rescheduling). The spots typically open up the closer you get to the test date, especially on the deadline to change dates. But not sure how it will be since january will be the last old mcat administration i believe. Just keep checking and if needed, you may have to travel out further than you want. just study hard and make this your one shot. gl

I signed up July 5th for the July 12th exam. People who tried to sign up two weeks prior couldn't find a seat. Seats open up towards the end.

do you live in a college population dense area like UCSD? also wow did you plan that out from the beginning? that's such a tight window

My test date is on September 12. I'm worried that if I do bad on it, I won't be able to sign up for a January MCAT in San Diego before the old MCAT is no longer given. Do you guys think I'll be able to sign up in January when I get my scores back in October? San Diego is probably a very popular area.

Pretty sure youll be okay.

Last edited: