help trim school list please (3.6, 31)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medschoolornah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
\k j

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in the same position with similar stats. What drives me crazy is wondering what went wrong and how to make this cycle turn out differently? Anyway, that list looks pretty good, I would say take out all of the OOS public schools and you should be fine. Also add all private schools within your stat range.

Members don't see this ad :)
you don't say if you applied late. i wouldn't reapply before finding out why you didn't get any interviews, or you're throwing money and time etc. away.

on a second app cycle you should know how to research schools. public med schools outside your state of residency are a waste of your time and effort. The 3.8/34 kids have a chance at OOS publics. Focus on your home state's publics and privates, and then go after schools that take a lot of OOS and don't get more than 5000 apps.

I think that school list looks good. If I were you, I would apply to as many as possible. IMO, saving money on apps isn't worth it if you end up having to apply for the next year.

I suggest:

your state school
albany
creighton
EVMS
loyola
NYMC
oakland
quinnipiac
rosalind franklin
rush
st. louis