HELP - Using Phone during break time of NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NaplexRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I almost did just that during my first naplex but I did ask if I can take my book bag with me and the lady said no. I sure u would be fine if they look through video of u taking naplex. Even if u take the phone with you or whole study guide book with you it will not help u out because you can not possibly study it. unless u have Eidetic memory and study all of it in 10-20 minutes. Only 2 things they can nail u if they being an ass such as u try to call someone and talk about the exam but u can prove it with ur phone bills (hope u did not call anyone unless it is ur parents and tell them how you do) or try to record some of the questions u remember from first half of the exam on to ur phone by texting. Well don't worry too much because it is in the past now and be positive. it is easy said than going through it but do pray to God very hard and hope he will guide u through this. Good luck give a lucky flower:luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine also went for psychometric analysis...waiting for my result.

Last edited:
In my case, everything went well in the examination room....but still i am facing this delay....i dont understand, why this is happening? After working so hard for the exam , still have to confront all these.....i just dont get it...its frustrating....Hope GOD is feeling my agony.

Because you work hard, it doesn't mean you can't wait! Why are you so different than any other hard working student? I don't get your point that I work hard and don't understand why i can't have my score like right now! It's common sense to me the process takes time depending on your state and your comment is childish!

http://www.nabp.net/programs/assets/NAPLEX-MPJE.pdf
Under Misconduct on page 10 (page 14 if you are looking at PDF pages), it says you are not allowed to access any electronic devices or even notes and study aides during the appointment time. I took the appointment time to mean from the time you first signed in to the final time you signed out. I believe the paper they handed to me prior to starting the exam said something similar.

It would be good to let your parents or spouse or whomever know the name, address, and phone number of the testing center in case there is an actual emergency. Otherwise, most issues can wait for a couple more hours.

Last edited:
So I'm not even sure if this "psychometric analysis" even existed. In my case, after > 2 agonizing months waiting, nabp sent me a letter, stating that they INVALIDATED my score, due to possession of a phone during break time....and I have to RETAKE the exam. Unbelievable!!! I'm speechless......

I know it isn't much, but at least with all this waiting, your 90 day wait period is almost up. Depending on how well you know the material, you can review for the next 2.5 weeks and then retake the exam in the beginning of August.

Hi everyone,

Please share your experience if anyone has similar situation as me, I'd really appreciate it!

I took my NAPLEX 2 weeks ago. During the SCHEDULED Break of my exam, I brought my phone to keep track of the time. Upon coming back, as I was putting the phone back to the locker, the proctor immediately said "you are not supposed to use your phone. I'm going to have to report this incident to NAPB". I was shocked when hear this since I had no clue I wasn't supposed to remove the phone from the locker. I just thought we were allowed to remove "any personal" item. Anyway, I was really nervous after this, but refused to let it bother me. The guy let me get back to my exam and completed the 2nd part.

Today, I called NABP to check whether they have forwarded my score to my state and was told that they finished grading, however, the score is on hold.....Oh NO!!!!

Has this incident happen to any of the NAPLEX candidates out there? Please share your experience if you don't mind. I'm trying to stay focus in studying for my state board, but this incident kept haunting me.

Thanks so much.

They warned us about this during our exam review course at USC. It was also clearly stated at my Pearson testing center in the check-in instructions.

Sorry about the invalidation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a same situation. I took Naplex yesterday, and I used my cell phone during schedule break of Naplex for less than 1 minute. I had to make a call because my uncle passed away in the morning of my Naplex. Pearson guy called nabp because I used my cell. Fortunately nabp allowed me to go back to exam to finish 2nd half.

But when I called today to nabp to ask if everything is alright, they said my score is on hold. I don't know what to do now, I am taking my law next week. Anybody had this kind of situation and got score without any problem. Please any advise is appreciated.

Merged threads. Identical topic.

I took MPJE today. The instructions clearly say that you will not be able to access your personal belongings even during breaks, except for situations like medications. I believe that was one of the first rules too. It sucks that your score was/may be invalidated, but it just demonstrates the need to read those things closely.

They allow me to take out the water bottle; but watched me doing that. I guess it's okay if it's not an electronic device and it doesn't hurt to ask first.

I took MPJE today. The instructions clearly say that you will not be able to access your personal belongings even during breaks, except for situations like medications. I believe that was one of the first rules too. It sucks that your score was/may be invalidated, but it just demonstrates the need to read those things closely.

I left my phone in the car. Only thing I brought in was my wallet and my keys. Think about it, this is the MOST important exam you will ever take.....you honestly need to realize/assume that with the level of security involved, a cell phone shouldn't ever come in to play no matter what the situation/need is.

Folks, leave your electronic devices in your car! Focus on the exam, don't risk anything.

That same scenario happened to someone at my school she took the optional break went to the locker and checked her voicemail. They let her finish the test then she got a letter stating her score was invalid and she is suspended from taking the test for seven years.

True story!

That same scenario happened to someone at my school she took the optional break went to the locker and checked her voicemail. They let her finish the test then she got a letter stating her score was invalid and she is suspended from taking the test for seven years.

True story!

Lawyer the F up.

What ended up happening? The same thing happened to me today - during scheduled break went to my purse to get food had my phone in my hand proctor saw and called nabp. Now it's going for analysis. I'm a complete and utter mess.

http://www.nabp.net/programs/assets/NAPLEX-MPJE.pdf
Under Misconduct on page 10 (page 14 if you are looking at PDF pages), it says you are not allowed to access any electronic devices or even notes and study aides during the appointment time. I took the appointment time to mean from the time you first signed in to the final time you signed out. I believe the paper they handed to me prior to starting the exam said something similar.

It would be good to let your parents or spouse or whomever know the name, address, and phone number of the testing center in case there is an actual emergency. Otherwise, most issues can wait for a couple more hours.

Is this really true? The same thing happened to me today - during scheduled break went to my purse to get food had my phone in my hand proctor saw and called nabp. Now it's going for analysis. I'm a complete and utter mess. Reading your post about the 7 years literally put me in shock, what happened in her situation? Are you sure it was 7 years :(

QUOTE="tootoo30, post: 14208156, member: 173546"]That same scenario happened to someone at my school she took the optional break went to the locker and checked her voicemail. They let her finish the test then she got a letter stating her score was invalid and she is suspended from taking the test for seven years.

True story![/QUOTE]

Did they let you finish your exam? Depend on which state is your primary....if it's CA, they will suspend you from taking the boards for 3 years.

It's WA state - and what really!? Even if it's during scheduled break? That seems insane to me, are you sure about this? From the posts above it seems like others were able to retake after 3 months

And yes they let me finish the exam, but the proctor did call and later filed an incident report stating I had my phone during the break and she believed it was on :( but obviously I didn't have it during the exam

QUOTE="NaplexRx, post: 15465227, member: 396053"]Did they let you finish your exam? Depend on which state is your primary....if it's CA, they will suspend you from taking the boards for 3 years.[/QUOTE]

And wait who decides? NABP or the state board?

QUOTE="NaplexRx, post: 15465227, member: 396053"]Did they let you finish your exam? Depend on which state is your primary....if it's CA, they will suspend you from taking the boards for 3 years.[/QUOTE]