HELP!! What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadownght12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I just finished applying and I was wondering what my chances are only because I'm applying to 5 schools.

While I do have a cumulative and science GPA of 4.000, I didn't do so hot on the DAT!

OChem: 20
GChem: 20
Bio: 18 =/
QR: 20
RC: 20
PAT: 20

I do have a ton of extracurriculars.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I just finished applying and I was wondering what my chances are only because I'm applying to 5 schools.

While I do have a cumulative and science GPA of 4.000, I didn't do so hot on the DAT!

try to apply to 10.

your chances are good. ( not good enough to apply to only 5 schools though)

Members don't see this ad :)

hard to say without a DAT score.

Assuming 19AA & 19TS, you "should" land somewhere with 7 schools. I think 10 is a more "safe" number.

Scoring less on the DAT and who knows.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
I'm not too worried.
I have a ton of extra-curriculars. I've been on numerous boards including dental club. I've shadowed, and assisted more than 4 dentists and have had 5 different jobs during my undergrad career thus far.

If youre not worried then why ask? I'm not trying to be a jerk... But you either ask cause you're worried or you're looking for praise on your gpa.
Either way I think you will get in. I wouldnt have been worried either, but i also wouldn't have asked.

If youre not worried then why ask? I'm not trying to be a jerk... But you either ask cause you're worried or you're looking for praise on your gpa.
Either way I think you will get in. I wouldnt have been worried either, but i also wouldn't have asked.

lol no I really was concerned where I stood with my lower DAT scores, but hopefully considering everything as a whole it won't look too bad.

You will get in with no problem. Assuming you don't show up to your interviews with Jordan shorts and a wife-beater on.

I'm struggling to get those DAT scores and I am no where near your GPA. You make me sick.

what is your extra-curricular like? any research?

You will feel really dumb if you don't get into one of those 5 schools. You will have wasted a year of your life. You will obviously get in somewhere, but even with your GPA I don't think I would risk only doing 5 schools.

Since when getting 20s across is not good enough for dental school? last time i checked the whole test was out 30, not 40.

I only applied to 4 schools and I have a 3.3 GPA, that should make the forum's head explode

HATERS GONNA HATE

I only applied to 4 schools and I have a 3.3 GPA, that should make the forum's head explode

HATERS GONNA HATE

Are you asking for advice? If not, no one cares about your lack of applications. The only reason anyone is offering opinions to the OP is because he asked for them.