Help! Which section on the OptomCAS application do I use for my research publication and abstracts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveYogurt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help!
I have a few published abstracts and publication. I don't know which section I should use to document those. I was debating between "Experience" or "Achievements". I am leaning toward "Achievements", but the only two options they have are "Honors" and "Awards". And publications are neither (in my opinion).
What do you guys think?

Thank you guys! Any input will help.

Members don't see this ad.

I put mine under both - my thesis was listed under achievements as honors because I wrote it to earn honors in biochemistry and my publication originated from a summer fellowship so I listed the fellowship under experience and in the blurb about the experience indicated the title of the publication and journal. Though I honestly feel like neither of those places do it justice as a reader could easily skip over the accomplishment since it is buried in text. I want to pursue an OD/MS so during my interview I made sure to highlight further my research achievements I put in my application! Not sure if that helps, its just what I did!

I put mine under both - my thesis was listed under achievements as honors because I wrote it to earn honors in biochemistry and my publication originated from a summer fellowship so I listed the fellowship under experience and in the blurb about the experience indicated the title of the publication and journal. Though I honestly feel like neither of those places do it justice as a reader could easily skip over the accomplishment since it is buried in text. I want to pursue an OD/MS so during my interview I made sure to highlight further my research achievements I put in my application! Not sure if that helps, its just what I did!

Thank you for your input. It is very helpful. It is very organized the way you did it!