HELP! Who can tutor me for the new CARS section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've always been a bit weak in verbal (score ranges from 8-9). I'm looking for some CARS tutoring, but am not sure which path to take :confused:TPR private tutoring costs around $300/hr, which is really expensive…so much that I'm not sure if that's worth it?! People talk about Jack Westin a lot on SDN too, but I can't help but be a little skeptical because I've never heard of him. Has anyone taken him before? Is he legit? Otherwise, does anyone else know of good tutoring companies for verbal?!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-24_16-25-28.png
    upload_2015-2-24_16-25-28.png
    95 bytes · Views: 52
So I've always been a bit weak in verbal (score ranges from 8-9). I'm looking for some CARS tutoring, but am not sure which path to take :confused:TPR private tutoring costs around $300/hr, which is really expensive…so much that I'm not sure if that's worth it?! People talk about Jack Westin a lot on SDN too, but I can't help but be a little skeptical because I've never heard of him. Has anyone taken him before? Is he legit? Otherwise, does anyone else know of good tutoring companies for verbal?!

Definitely take advantage of the free consult class he offers. Jack isn't about hype. You will see he is legitimate and WELL worth the cost. Indeed, he is extremely confident about his method. But that's because it works!

He is very effective and teaches a method that will proves itself through results. Within only a few days, I noticed a difference in my verbal performance, and finally felt like I knew what I was doing in this section.

His method is based on sound logic and provides you with concrete steps to take when answering each question, and a set of rules to follow to guide your selection of the correct answer choice every time. The most essential part of your preparation is reviewing your work after taking practice tests and he guides your progress with clear and honest feedback during every class, giving each student the opportunity to demonstrate the reasoning that lead to their answer-choice selection and provides clear, focused, and useful feedback based precisely on it (i.e. a clear and simple reason why your choice is correct or incorrect) which you study and apply in your independent practice.

Provided you practice this method as often and as much as he instructs, you will master the skill he teaches and begin to see significant improvement in your test results within just a few weeks.

I owe Jack my success on the MCAT (which I took in January of this year) after working with him for just 5 weeks.

Have you visited his website?

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to make myself available to be more helpful. Email me if you'd like at [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey, I work for a Test Prep company called Altius. Altius Testprep students consistently averaged a 33+ on old exams. Send me a PM if you are interested in learning more. I Many of my students have scored in the 99th percentile.

Do you by any chance work for a Test Prep company called Altius? I've only seen you post it 20 times in the past 30 minutes, so I just wanted to double check.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey i'll be taking my mcat sept 23. just wondering if you ended up finding a good tutor for CARS? and i'm currently looking into having a tutor as well.