Help with low MCAT, suggest schools please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liberty89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT: 25 (9 VR, 8 PS, 8 BS)
Major: Anthropology
cGPA: 3.80
sGPA: 3.50
Issues: Took Orgo I & II, Physics II, and A&P1 at a local CC (I had graduated from my university by that point). Got B's in the classes, but straight A's in my university prerequisites. I'll only have A&P1 as an upper level Bio class by the time I apply, but I plan on indicating on my AACOMAS that I'm planning on taking Genetics and Biochemistry in Spring of 2013 (for the sake of KCUMB).

EC: Have shadowing and volunteer experience of 350 hours (with patient contact), with a DO lor. Occasionally help out at my church, and I had an internship in my Anthropology department for two semesters.

Schools I'm planning on applying to:
CCOM
LECOM-E
LECOM-B
KCUMB
KCOM
NSU-COM
WVCOM
KCOM-Arizona
AZCOM
LMU-DCOM
PCOM
TUORO-NV
TUORO-NY
NYCOM

If I apply early, and broadly, do I have a chance at an acceptance? I know people will suggest a retake, and I'll take that into consideration (of course), but for the sake of argument, let's say these are my stats. What do you guys think? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

you say apply early and broadly. Are you planning on applying next year? if this year, it isn't early anymore so get your app in now. you should probably be ok if your PS is killer and you knock out secondaries quickly. and apply to every school you would go to if accepted.

you say apply early and broadly. Are you planning on applying next year? if this year, it isn't early anymore so get your app in now. you should probably be ok if your PS is killer and you knock out secondaries quickly. and apply to every school you would go to if accepted.
I'm planning on applying next year. Sorry, I should have made that clear.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, he's just some kind of weird guy on here? Damn, I really took his encouraging words to heart. :(
I don't think he's weird, but he keeps saying that he was an ADCOM for some school. If that's true, it's sort of understandable that he wants to keep it private.

I don't think he's weird, but he keeps saying that he was an ADCOM for some school. If that's true, it's sort of understandable that he wants to keep it private.

agree. he started posting as an adcom and there is no proof so people don't weigh it as heavily, but he seems to give decent advice. I can understand not offering proof for obvious reasons, but I wish he would for someone so people could weigh the input better or worse.

agree. he started posting as an adcom and there is no proof so people don't weigh it as heavily, but he seems to give decent advice. I can understand not offering proof for obvious reasons, but I wish he would for someone so people could weigh the input better or worse.

Hey, I have a quick question. My AMCAS has been verified and I want to still add few more M.D. schools. Am I going through the same verification period again for just adding schools?? Or since my AMCAS has been verified, are they going to send my application to new selected schools??

Hey, I have a quick question. My AMCAS has been verified and I want to still add few more M.D. schools. Am I going through the same verification period again for just adding schools?? Or since my AMCAS has been verified, are they going to send my application to new selected schools??

not sure why you quoted me in a completely unrelated thread and on a completely unrelated topic, but no. you don't have to wait for verification again.