Help with MCAT plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi all,

Planning on taking May or June MCAT. Just graduated from undergrad and am working on gaining residency in GA. I don't plan on starting significant prep until January but was wondering what one would recommend for light prep until January. It might sound overboard but it has been a while since my pre-reqs so I want to refresh my memory on the basic sciences.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Most helpful will probably start doing CARS practice passages and acquainting yourself with the test format (what's on it, how it's tested). Content review won't help as much because you'll likely forget stuff you studied now come June/May (that's 9~10 month gap...). CARS takes time and skill that can't always be mastered in a short time period (e.g. reading and understanding the passages quickly).

Reactions: 1 user
@aklvkk That's a good point. I'll have 4-5 months of content review starting in January. Any recommendations for CAR practice and passages?

@aklvkk That's a good point. I'll have 4-5 months of content review starting in January. Any recommendations for CAR practice and passages?

EK 101, TPRH, AAMC q packs, NS 108 are all pretty good.

I guess there is nothing wrong with 4-5 months of content review but I would recommend starting PBQs and practice tests as soon as possible. Good luck on your test!