Help with medical student options with the army nation guard!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringOSTEO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am having trouble finding any information online pertaining to Kentucky and how much tuition assistance they provide for medical students.
Really? I did a Google search on ""National Guard tuition assistance Kentucky" and found the basics. 100% tuition for state schools, but only for enlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I found that as well but thought it said that it only applied to undegrad. Basically I cannot find much on the officer program listed for med students. Sorry I get lost sometimes with all of the abbreviations and what not. If you could link the site that would be great. Thanks!!
The only National Guard program currently offered to medical students is MDSSP. Two year drilling commitment starting after medical school for every one year of benefits (which is about $2k/month).

The only tuition assistance (other than the $4,500 federal tuition waiver) is whatever your particular state provides all National Guardsmen.

KYNG Tuition Award Program seems to be the only state educational benefit and is only for those working on their first bachelors degree. So you would get the $4500/yr in federal tuition assistance, Reserve G.I. Bill (after OBLC), and whatever you earned from drilling. You could also sign up for MDSSP at $24k/yr if you're willing to accept the longer commitment...