Help with personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotte

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I am working on my personal statement so I may turn in my application when the cycle starts on August 6th Wednesday. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in helping me out by proof reading or giving me pointers in the draft I have written up so far? English is my second language (though I have been here for a quite a while now) and I still make mistakes grammatically or pick a wrong phrase to express my thoughts so I figured this place would be a great way to reach out for help on my personal statement as there are those of you who are also working on PS or have already gotten accepted into pod schools. Any help I can receive is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest you go to your pre-professional advising office at your school. They are there to help you with this. If you pass around your PS to others on the forum you'll end up getting information that might not be the best.

Thank you for your feedback. I am writing here because the premedical advisor at my old school has told me he does not review or give pointers to students regarding PS. He did, however, give me some examples but all of them are for Do or MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those examples will have basically the exact same premise as podiatry school, but you just have to instill into the personal statement the main question "WHY PODIATRY?" instead of the "why basic medicine?" like the DO and MD personal statements.

Talk to a philosophy or English teacher you had during college and maybe they could take a look. The issue with feedback for personal statements is that the person reviewing it doesn't know your reason for going to podiatry school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. I will try asking my old English professor.

Reactions: 1 user