Help with presenting ASHP mid year poster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YSK791

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a current P3 (soon to be P4 on rotations). I've been thinking about residencies and I'm interested in wanting to present a poster at midyear, but have no idea where to start with this. I have some general topics and and areas that I'd like to research and I have some early rotations that I'm sure will help me out a lot with this, but I have no idea about the process of actually executing this (IRB, faculty involvement etc). I feel like kids in my class have already been working on this so any insight/advice would be appreciated before I set out to start this!

Members don't see this ad.

In your first rotation (hopefully, its clinical and your preceptor is a faculty). Open the topic with them and they help you greatly in the process.

If not, try to see a faculty you are comfortable with and open the topic with them.

Reactions: 1 users
My topic revolves around geriatrics and my first rotation is at a long term care facility, though not with a faculty. I had a faculty member in mind but wasn't sure if it would seem odd to reach out to them for help since I'm not on rotation with her?

Its completely fine to reach out to faculty even if you are not on rotation with them. Most of them will really help out if they see you interested in the learning experience and willing to work. If you come across as you are just doing the poster to fill a check mark on a residency application you might run into trouble.